jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

What is the most difficult job in a president's cabinet?

1. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

What is the most difficult job in a president's cabinet?

Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, Press Secretary, National Security Advisor, Other?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image63
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

I'd say the Secretary of State.  I take it that that is the equivalent of Foreign Secretary, or Minister of Foreign Affairs -  the guy or gal who is supposed to establish or keep the nation in a good relationship with other nations.   Not an easy job.  For take a look down the years and you will find that the same old warring attitudes prevail.  Nothing seems to change.  It's Israel against the Arab nations.  It's tribe against tribe in Africa.  It's Croations and Serbs.  Now it's Russians and Ukrainians.   Endeavours to bring about peace and harmoney between the collective egos of masses of people must be one of the most exasperating jobs anyone can take on.

jansharesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Excellent argument for Secretary of State, Tusitala Tom. Thank you for your answer.

3. bethperry profile image93
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

I'd imagine the most difficult and tasking job would be the Secretary of Pinocchio Defense. Having to sand down a President's nose every day has to be a thankless, herculean task.
    wink

1. syzygyastro profile image80
      syzygyastroposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks to all that lying, reforestation is now well under way.

2. aguasilver profile image80
      aguasilverposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You echo my thoughts exactly, the Press Secretary who is charged with trying to field all those embarrassing questions about the lies told and illegalities conducted must be a hard 'grind' to bear with.

3. janshares profile image96

Funny bethperry, thanks for answering. Good point, aguasliver.

4. Mary Neal profile image60
    Mary Nealposted 3 years ago

That's easy. The most difficult cabinet position is U.S. Attorney General. The cabinet post was established in 1870, when our 18th president was in office - Grant. We have had only 26 presidents since Grant, but 82 Attorney Generals. Almost none of them worked out. Most of 'em have serious problems with application of "justice for ALL." Plus, I think they're the fall guys for horrible administrations sometimes.

I thought about the difficulties our current US Attorney General had a few months ago when I posted this question. I see your point, thanks for answering.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I would say that it is the man who stands beside the President.

Thanks for answering. I assume you mean the VP?

2. The Examiner-1 profile image74
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes. The name just slipped by when I wrote that. :-)

working