Has anyone ever actually made a citizen's arrest?

1. amiebutchko profile image88
    amiebutchkoposted 3 years ago

Has anyone ever actually made a citizen's arrest?

I heard that anyone can actually make a citizen arrest in the absence of the presence of law enforcement.  Has anyone actually done so, been present, or even heard of this happening?

2. dandelionweeds profile image78
    dandelionweedsposted 3 years ago

No, I haven't but I heard yelling outside my apartment while I was sleeping, it woke me up.  I looked out the window and saw the caretaker being harassed by a tenant.  The man who was disabled (he had a cane) and maybe mentally challenged, either way he was trying to hit cars with his cane and yelling her, basically trying to intimidate her.  She was yelling back at him telling him to stop hitting the cars.  This man was known for harassing people by knocking on their doors asking for money and yelling at people previously. I put on my jacket and went outside and yelled at him in a very authoritative voice while pointing to the door, "Get in your apartment now!"  I looked at him right in the eye and for a moment I could tell that he was thinking of hitting me with his cane.  I said it again and his reply was" Who are you?" I said it doesn't matter who I am get inside to your apartment. He turned around and went inside.  My caretaker thanked me and I went back in too.  Later, I realized that the jacket I was wearing navy blue with yellow stripes down  each arm which kind of made me look like a security guard, paramedic or something, so this may have helped. I don't usually yell at the mentally disabled just so you know. LOL

1. amiebutchko profile image88
      amiebutchkoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Dandelionweeds!  What a great story!  I think you should write it into a short story! It was suspenseful and inspiring.  Good for you!!!!  I can't believe that happened to you!!!!!  The best answer ever!

working