Where is Obama on the tragedy playing out in Iraq?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (33 posts)
  1. profile image57
    retief2000posted 9 years ago

Where is Obama on the tragedy playing out in Iraq?

ISIS terrorists have launched its final ethnic cleansing of Christians in Iraq. They have told Christians convert, submit, pay the dhimmi or die. They have burned the cathedral in Mosul and cut off the water to Christian communities in Faludjah. The body count rises and it includes women and children.

Obama is silent.

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 9 years ago

This question is like dancing with fire, no matter how anyone answers they will probably take some heat.

My first thought is that as far as we know Obama is a Muslim and thinks like they do.  For this reason he chooses not to get involved.

But then I don't know what I would do if I were in his shoes.  It is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

The end result is another religious war costing thousands of lives over a persons choice of the god they choose to worship.  I read a hub the other day where the writer had found out that there are 2,400 different gods worshiped around the world.  Personally I could care less which one of these many gods a person chooses, but not everyone feels that way.  As I understand it, most Muslims feel everyone should follow their religion or be killed.  They will not be happy and satisfied until everyone in the entire world believes exactly as they do.

I'm not sure if this is the way Obama himself feels, but can't see him really doing anything about it anyway.  I would hate to see American troops involved in a religious war that will never end.

1. bethperry profile image84
      bethperryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'm fed up with our troops dying because our own leaders keep putting their nose into the affairs of other nations. Sad these religious conflicts, but I can't help but wonder how much of our blood has to be (or even should be) spilled in them?

2. profile image57
      retief2000posted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is a false choice - do nothing or commit troops. How impotent are we when these appear to be the only options. Obama is too busy golfing, vacationing and fund raising to be engaged. I am sure that is how his ice cold Vulcan heart likes it.

3. bethperry profile image84

Sure seems that way. I highly doubt Mr. Spock would spend so much time on the golf course.

bethperryposted 9 years ago

ISIS wants to destroy anyone that doesn't share their radical, insane beliefs. It is evil and it is a sad testament to any world leader that condones it with their silence.

1. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This insanity is spreading and growing rapidly.  I'm not sure how many of our current world leaders are not sympathetic to their cause.

2. profile image57

There are two spheres, the sphere of Islam and the sphere of Jihad. If one is not in the sphere of Islam one is in the sphere of Jihad. It isn't insane beliefs, it is Muslim beliefs.

I'm not pointing at Islam in general; just those amongst that religion that want to kill, kill, kill anyone that doesn't embrace their religion. And I feel anyone that does that is insane or possessed by evil, including the ISIS radicals.

4. profile image57

http://www.dhimmitude.org/
      What ISIS is threatening is what Muslim conquerors have always offered - the Dhimmi. It is a systematic subjugation of non-Muslims.

4. Ericdierker profile image44
    Ericdierkerposted 9 years ago

The Turkey gov. no longer speaks with Obama due to his handling of Syria and Iraq. So I would suggest that his silence is really a bad thing.

1. profile image57

Obama appears quite incapable of discharging the challenging, difficult and multitudinous responsibilities of his office. It is much more fun to joke with a loving crowd at a fund raiser or vacation with the rich at Martha's Vineyard.

5. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 9 years ago

They will forever fight. Leave them be and let them fight it out like they have been forever. I hope Obama is of the same thought. We need to fix our own country before worrying about them.

1. profile image0

I completely agree with you.

2. profile image57

So you are fine with Russians shooting down an airliner full of civilians? The President of the United States needs 2 be able 2 do more than just ignore illegals flooding the border. He also has to ignore international events & appear weak &

3. peeples profile image93
      peeplesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Not wanting to go there and liking it are two different things. I'm PRO minding our own business! We have more than enough issues here. Are you okay with the fact we have millions of homeless and hungry?

4. profile image57

1 does not imply nor preclude the other.The choice isn't do nothing or invade,a manipulative and shallow deception of the left. Sun Tzu says the greatest victory belongs 2 the general who does not need 2 fight 2 defeat his enemy-BHO lacks imagination

5. peeples profile image93

You failed to answer my question so I'll add another. Are you a USA citizen? If so do you feel so strongly about the problems here as you do the ones on the other side of the world?

6. Ericdierker profile image44
      Ericdierkerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

WWII had the same comments before Pearl Harbor was attacked. And the same before 9/11. Yet I say with Obama better to shut up. Wait for a commander and chief of dignity and honor.

7. profile image0

Peeples, who are you asking if they are a USA citizen?

8. peeples profile image93

Relief, was who the question was directed.

9. profile image57

I am very concerned with the same problems Obama is concerned with. Improving my short game, raising funds for my buddies, sneaking a burger and fries when my wife isn't looking and neglecting my job.

10. peeples profile image93

Couldn't answer the question proved my point. You don't care about any of it. You just want something to talk about Obama for!

11. profile image57

Your question implies an either/or condition that doesn't and never has existed in reality.How are there still poor and homeless in America, I thought the economy had recovered.

12. peeples profile image93

I asked 3 you answered zero. The hungry have been around since the start, you are just looking for something to complain about Obama on. "an either/or condition that doesn't and never has existed in reality" It should start here with minding our own!

13. profile image57

Yet Obama has commented on many international events. This is ethnic cleansing, something America has opposed for decades. It seems you are incapable of understanding the situation, here or there.

14. peeples profile image93

I understand it. I also understand we keep "helping" other nations while REFUSING to help our own. Something you either fail to understand or fail to admit is a problem!

15. profile image57

So you believe the only action available to the President of the United States is to spend money? Apparently you really don't understand. How many billions does the government have to throw at poverty before you will say they have done something?

16. peeples profile image93

So you think we should dump money on other countries? There are 0 ways of helping other countries that don't involve money. To take care of our own there should never be a spending limit as long as we have money available to use for another country!

17. profile image0

I also question how much longer we can afford to hand out billions of dollars to countries that hate us and would like to see us destroyed.  Are we trying to buy some friends?

6. The Frog Prince profile image71
    The Frog Princeposted 9 years ago

Did you check the back nine?  How about his favorite hobby of fund raising?

7. Freeway Flyer profile image83
    Freeway Flyerposted 9 years ago

Seems like a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. When Obama talked about the possibility of air strikes in Syria, the majority of Congress and the public came out openly against it. And I'm sure that if you ask the public now about military action in Iraq, most will oppose it. And I am sure that many of those calling for action now will criticize Obama if he takes action.

ISIS is a disgusting organization, and Iraq is a mess of a "country," but at some point the "government" of Iraq has to step up and do its job or the country should just be broken up.

And by the way, do you think that saying "ISIS is a disgusting organization" is going to make any difference?

1. profile image57

There are many kinds of action. It is a lie of the left that the only actions possible are nothing or bombing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)