Is causality/cause and effect the same as victim blaming? Why or Why not?

1. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 3 years ago

Is causality/cause and effect the same as victim blaming? Why or Why not?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9150997_f260.jpg

2. watergeek profile image96
    watergeekposted 3 years ago

It's not at all the same. I'm someone who takes cause and effect seriously. It gives me great control over my life - let's me see how consequence matches up with action, so I can change actions to create better consequences. It's akin to practicing the Law of Attraction (i.e. what you put out is what you get back).

Where people go wrong with it is assuming that cause and effect means changing other people (it doesn't) or that if they can't figure out the cause, then it must come from outside (a virus). But other people are going to change in reaction to a lot of things in their lives, not just you. And viruses have no effect on a healthy body.

What an acceptance of the principle of cause and effect does is give you back control of your life. If you didn't believe there was such a thing, then you'd forever feel yourself at the mercy of others and the whims of the universe. You'd feel powerless. And powerlessness causes all sorts of problems, including depression and apathy.

On the other hand, when you feel in control, it makes you strong and optimistic. Then good things come in response. Your life thrives and your confidence does too.

1. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 3 years agoin reply to this

If I leave my home or car unlocked + have things stolen there was a precaution I could have taken but did not. But, my inaction does not absolve a crook of their crime. Looking at the effect of my inaction, I take control + change, good observation.

working