jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think the attention on the Ebola virus is geared toward an excuse for the

1. bethperry profile image90
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

Do you think the attention on the Ebola virus is geared toward an excuse for the government...

to force people into take a potentially hazardous vaccine for it? I don't know, but heard this scenario being debated at the pharmacy and am wondering what others think? Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Currently, there is no vaccine for Ebola. There are some that haven't had clinical trials yet, and the WHO is considering whether to allow their limited use during the current crisis in Africa, but those won't even be ready for several months.

I seriously doubt any government is going to "force" anyone to be vaccinated with an untested, unapproved drug.

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

They can't force anyone to take a vaccine.

Vaccine development isn't as easy as some people seem to think it is. They don't just throw together the first concoction that comes to mind and stab people with it. There is a lot of research and testing involved. There are much easier and quicker ways to make money, if that's what you're suggesting the upside to an Ebola vaccine would be.

But really, at the end of the day, give me potential vaccine hazards over Ebola. Easy decision.

4. recappers delight profile image83
    recappers delightposted 3 years ago

I think the attention on the Ebola virus has come because a deadly threat is beginning to spiral out of control and people are worried. Those who are immediately affected need a solution. Those who could be infected want to know what they need to do to protect themselves. And reporters always salivate over juicy stories with scary headlines.

The vaccine is imaginary, and if it arrived, we have no particular reason to assume it's certain to be more dangerous than any other vaccine that's saved millions of lives.  It would have to pass FDA inspection like any other medicine.