jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe in Spiritual Charity?

1. m abdullah javed profile image78
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

Do you believe in Spiritual Charity?

We do spend money and other material things for the needy, there is a spiritual spending too, that is to sacrifice our emotions, feelings etc for both deserving and our loved ones, do you agree with this? Then how do you go about spiritual charity? Is it that easy? Do you find difficulties? Your views please.

2. Snøwman profile image60
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

Yes of course. You can give your time. You can give your service. Sometimes this is easy and sometimes it's hard.

m abdullah javedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks snowman, your elaborarion is too good. These things are quite invaluable.

3. profile image0
    Ian Moonposted 3 years ago

The only feeling you should feel for the needy is empathy, so you can empathise with them & then help them positively with their problems..Never give them sympathy as that will only make them worse, & at the same time manifest unwanted emotions in you..Spiritual charity is any time you did anything good for your self & others, & even something like smiling at an old grannie is spiritual charity..Real spiritual charity should be given to even the undeserving people you know, just in case no one has ever shown them of such a concept as caring. :-)

Excellent ianmoon. I appreciate your words "smiling at an old granny is spiritual charity", so true.

2. profile image0
      Ian Moonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Your welcome buddy & i will say being spiritual takes practice, until a person gets the gist of why their doing it..At first i wondered why i was bothering as not many people seem to be on-board, but when i got the gist i never looked back. :-)

3. m abdullah javed profile image78

Thats exactly Ian, when the heart finds comfort then there is absolutely no look back. I appreciate your words.

working