jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What are your hopes for America going forward?

1. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 3 years ago

What are your hopes for America going forward?

2. Robert the Bruce profile image61
    Robert the Bruceposted 3 years ago

One of my hopes is that the the people of the USA will become more scientifically literate, allowing us to solidify our place in the world as a leader in scientific discoveries. So many frontiers are waiting to be explored and I think we should leave behind the outdated and embarrassing relgion-based theories that hinder our progress. Science should be free from religious chains, but sadly a large percentage of our population would still prefer to have religion regulate science.

The signs are generally hopeful but progress may continue to be slow.

3. Old-Empresario profile image83
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

In general, I just hope we calm down about some things. We can still worry, but too many Americans are worried about the wrong things. We spend far too much time worrying about things like Martian invasions, science being taught in schools, queers getting married, what Syrians are doing to other Syrians, what Russia plans to do in Ukraine, a fellow-citizen living two blocks away getting an abortion or another citizen sitting at home and getting high. Honestly, who really cares about these things? If an American really cared about Syria, he would pick up a rifle and go fight over there the way Americans went to Britain in 1939, to France in 1914 or to Spain in 1936. No one does anything anymore but talk and worry and talk some more. I want to see the American people change and seriously think about what is important and what affects them. It'll never happen, but I wish we were better people who weren't so afraid that everyone was out to get them. Our nation has a lot for which to atone: Slavery, the destruction of the Indian tribes, the conquest of Northern Mexico and our ongoing imperial ventures--all of them justified in our own minds. With the exception of possibly the American Civil War, we as a nation have not really suffered for any of our sins yet.

1. frantisek78 profile image81
      frantisek78posted 3 years agoin reply to this

It's interesting how you bring up the issues that American should "atone" for, yet you then say "who cares" about what is going on in Ukraine and Syria. In 1939, 1914 and 1936 there were clear cut sides fighting against each other, not like Syria.

2. Old-Empresario profile image83
      Old-Empresarioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I don't care what Syrians do to other Syrians. I only care about what Americans do. Right now we're piddling around in another country. Call me when Syria invades the US and we'll talk

4. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

That the real criminals are found out and that all Americans open their eyes to the tyranny and forgive the psychopathic elite for their crimes.

Only by knowing the Truth can we really move forward.

9/11 was an inside job. We know that much. The 19 patsies were in America on CIA visas, some trained at US military bases and protected by the FBI higher ups.

Giuliani committed a major felony by having or allowing the 9/11 crime scene to be cleaned up starting ON 9/11. NIST scientists committed scientific fraud by their report on WTC7, the 3rd building to collapse on 9/11 -- trying to convince the world that solid steel could ever offer zero resistance; only in cartoons and government reports.

Forgiveness is important, but we need to know the truth of the crimes, first. Forgiveness allows healing to happen. No one can move forward if they're carrying a ball and chain.

working