jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does polices deserves the same punishment as other who break the law, are not?

1. karenavonrep profile image60
    karenavonrepposted 3 years ago

Does polices deserves the same punishment as other who break the law, are  not? Give your opinion.

I think if the police break the law, they should be punished just like me and you.If I was a cop and took someone child life, I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at night but that's because I have a conscious and if you don't have a conscious, then you just don't care. You people on the jury side that's making these decisions, what if it was your child are family member ;How would you act. CLICK YES FOR YOU CARE ARE KNOW YOU DON'T CARE. Then voice your opinion.

2. SilentMagenta profile image72
    SilentMagentaposted 3 years ago

Yes. Police that are not treated with the same punishment make people feel like they are above the law. This loses the respect on the people they protect. The quote "Why should we follow a justice system that doesn't protect us?". Recently I have noticed a lot of police officers trying to being peace back into the city. I applaud them. As for the riots, It makes no sense to steal to show your disrespect for this backward justice system. Especially, the neighborhood stores because of all the chaos I am pretty sure they will have to find another store to do shopping in which seems like a hassle. You are angry at the police not the business owners. Sadly, I believe every mother should be teaching her son/daughter how to assume to position before they even know how to speak. It can save their life's.

3. cjhunsinger profile image75
    cjhunsingerposted 3 years ago

There are many former police officers in jail for crimes committed, so to assert that they are immune from the law is ridicules. This though is not what you want to hear, as your motivation is to assist in the myth that police are immune from the law and to create an us versus them mindset, which too, is absurd.
    I have raised four sons, all professional and, except for a traffic ticket never had any encounter with the police. Had they, they would have conducted themselves in a manner respectful of the law.
    The Ferguson thug,  who was attacking a police officer, deserved to be shot as many times as it took to put him down. Garner was a sad two bit hustler who resisted arrest and died while resisting. For the little boy, a tragic situation, but in this you are selectively cherry picking what you want to believe.

4. songboat profile image60
    songboatposted 4 months ago

they and government officials are suppose to be held to a higher degree of the law. Instead they all work to protect and cover up serious crimes. That is one factor for the mass murders we see happening today. When a person gets so violated they feel they have been gang raped. They have on resources for justice to be served and they rightfull go to where the legalized thugs gather and shoot them dead, many cases that is the action any normal american would take. When the headlines say "mentally disturbed person, you must read through the lines and the research will show they have been gang rape by local government officials, more often in small rural areas than not.