jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would you break the law to save a loved one?

1. ronhi profile image74
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

Would you break the law to save a loved one?

2. Fellow Mumbaite profile image74
    Fellow Mumbaiteposted 6 years ago

Absolutely..if that's how I would have to saved my loved one I definitely would!

3. lydocia profile image61
    lydociaposted 6 years ago

I would do anything to save my loved ones. I would do almost anything to save anyone else.

I cannot immediately think of a situation where breaking the law would be in order to save someone, but I would consider it... or try to find another option.

4. Emma Harvey profile image91
    Emma Harveyposted 6 years ago

There is no black or white answer to this. I would like to think I'd do anything to protect a loved one, but if they did something bad and I had to lie and break the law for them, I may say no. If they genuinely needed my help, I may break the law if it meant saving them...

5. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Absolutely -- any law that prevents me from doing everything I can for the protection of my loved ones doesn't deserve to be followed anyway. My family and those dear to me come first in my life, and the government comes second. I agree, though, that I would not break it if they deserved what was coming to them under the law -- just as I wouldn't knowingly enable a drunk or a druggie, I'm not going to shelter someone who knowingly and willingly committed a crime worthy of punishment.

6. dipsmi profile image75
    dipsmiposted 6 years ago

yes!!!obeying the law is important but when it comes to saving a life that also of a loved one, exceptional are always there.

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i'd break EVERY law. nothing would stop me from saving someone i love , other then death itself or something pretty close.

8. ubanichijioke profile image78
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

Yes, if that is the only alternative and when it involves saving life of a loved one. I will do it and wait for the consequences.
    Thanks

working