jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe in Global Warming?

1. Sara Jofre profile image76
    Sara Jofreposted 3 years ago

Do you believe in Global Warming?

If so, what do you think the humany should do to avoid it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12056309_f260.jpg

2. Zelkiiro profile image95
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Global warming is pretty much fact at this point. Slowly but surely, each new year becomes among the hottest on record, and that trend is not slowing down. The Earth is getting warmer. Not only is this a bummer for people who live in coastal areas, but it's a bummer for me, too, since I absolutely despise warm weather.

What we as humans need to do in order to avoid making the warming worse is to get away from fossil fuels as quickly as possible and figure out how to get "cleaner" energy sources to replace them. The sooner we figure out how to make an efficient electric car or consistent windmills and solar panels, the better off we'll be in the long term. And that's the key phrase here: "long term."

Coal and oil are easy and big business loves them, but they're going to run out eventually, and unless we've got those electric cars and solar panels ready to step in and take over, we're gonna be caught with our asses in the air when the giant wooden paddle of change comes a-spanking.

1. lone77star profile image84
      lone77starposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No global warming for 17 years! Northern hemisphere, yes, but globally, no.

2. Zelkiiro profile image95
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Nope. Have a video by a guy who's done more research than I ever have on anything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbn1rCZz1ow

3. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

Global warming is good!

How can I say something so outrageous? Because it's true. Warmer oceans means more evaporation, more clouds, more rain, more plant growth and fewer deserts. It means more life! During the Medieval Warm Period, Greenland was green along the coasts. Now, the places where Vikings grew crops are permanently frozen. During the Holocene Optimum (~6000 BC) the Sahara was green.

The idea that humans are causing global warming is FALSE. I used to believe this hoax, but I learned several years ago that I was wrong.

CO2 is not a pollutant! In fact, modern increases in CO2 have resulted in a greening of the Earth. Plants love the stuff. They were starved of CO2 during the last glacial period.

Wake up, people. We're in an Ice Age and have been for 2.6 million years. The Holocene is only an interglacial of the current Ice Age. And interglacials have averaged about 10,000 years in length, so we're overdue for another 100,000 years of ICE.

I wish Global Warming was happening. In some areas of the Northern Hemisphere, it is warmer, but not significantly. Averages have been rather flat, globally, for the last 17 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Mx0_8YEtg

Humanity should embrace global warming. But the psychopaths who are pushing this hoax want Global Cooling. The end result of cooling will be more ICE and massive starvation. But you should not find that surprising. The Rockefellers (big oil) are pushing this scam and have loved eugenics for over a century.

working