jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think about President Obama's state of the union address yesterday i

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What do you think about President Obama's state of the union address yesterday in which he

indicated a greater economic stimulus which will create more jobs & further asserting that he will launching initiatives to find a cure for diseases such as cancer & diabetes?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8879384_f260.jpg

2. cjhunsinger profile image72
    cjhunsingerposted 3 years ago

Sadly, Obama is a documented liar and, as such, is akin to a used car salesman who will tell you anything, promise anything that will entice you to buy his car.
    Obama's primary appeal is to those who want what they have not earned and to those who wish to control others by giving them what they have not earned.

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

All political candidates have been proven to be liars! Some day people will learn to depend on themselves. Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. People vote for the "personality" they like and how their words make them (feel).

3. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

I do not watch any of them from any president.  They are all a joke put on us American Citizens.  They make huge promises tht they know they cannot keep.  They give us the run around and they tell us things that they think we want to hear and not the truth.  Players on a stage is all they are.

4. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

I think that's not really a state of the union or, constitutionally put, a report to congress. It's more like a promise of things to come. It's sort of a dodge or forum for political posturing. Maybe you've read "states of the union" from the 1800s when presidents would submit reports on each federal department, including expenditures in narrative format to Congress (presidents didn't appear in Congress to do this until Woodrow Wilson). The written reports to congress were pretty straightforward. Today, a state of the union is a joke.

working