jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think that more states will start to toughen laws against texting while d

1. Irek Janek profile image62
    Irek Janekposted 3 years ago

Do you think that more states will start to toughen laws against texting while driving?

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i wish that every country in the world should toughen laws against texting while driving, our country isn't, many accidents happen

Irek Janekposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely agree. I'm 48 and had my share of close calls, but recently seeing people driving with a phone in their hand, I almost panic and get away from them if I can.

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12164196_f260.jpg

It has to happen and it has to happen soon; unless, motorists are willing to see their car insurance rise steeply and their life insurance for that matter, too.

I'm so glad that you inserted this chart. It reminded me to mention that since 1966 the number of fatalities and injuries had been on a constant decline, that trend changed at around 2009 - 2010, a coincidence? Or maybe not?

2. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Interesting hypothesis indeed...

4. Zelkiiro profile image95
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

I don't think there should be any laws, personally. Rather, we should let Natural Selection do the work for us. If you're too stupid to put your phone away while you're driving, you don't get to live long enough to reproduce. Simple!

The problem is that the stupid ones kill innocent ones.

working