jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Should we pass a law against gangsters, forcing gang members to stay in gang?

1. profile image60
    peter565posted 2 years ago

Should we pass a law against gangsters, forcing gang members to stay in gang?

Sometime when a person join a gang, it is a teen, who don't know what he is getting himself involve with. I've seen teen join gang, thinking it is just a group of people that take care of each other. Later, when they want to leave the gang, the gang use any methods, including threats and violence to get them to stay. Should we pass a law, against gangsters forcing gang members to stay in gang?

2. Link10103 profile image76
    Link10103posted 2 years ago

Umm, I doubt it would work very much. Gangs dont generally follow the law to begin with...

That aside, the threats of violence arent really threats rather than promises. If you want to leave and they try to force you to stay, you cant really expect to go to the police and let them know without having to go into witness protection or something.

1. profile image60
      peter565posted 2 years agoin reply to this

What would you think if we say, forcing gang member to stay in gang, is a criminal offense, minimum sentence 20 years, maximum death sentence?

2. Link10103 profile image76
      Link10103posted 2 years agoin reply to this

The gang would have to be forcing the person to do alot of bad shit for that to be reasonable at all.
      But still, I doubt it would work very much on the grounds that 1. Gangs dont always follow the law anyway and 2. It would be hard to enforce.

3. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 2 years ago

I doubt gangsters would follow the law.  Also, we don't want to pass laws about gangsters because then that would be acknowledging them, and saying it is okay for them even to exist.  Why give gangsters rights? Why give them rules for how to conduct themselves?  Gangs are not okay, and should be dispersed!  If anything, it should be illegal to join them to begin with!

working