jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What issues does this generation have?

1. Ebony A Fleming profile image60
    Ebony A Flemingposted 2 years ago

What issues does this generation have?

Nowadays, children and teens seem to be going through a ever changing society. They are more advanced in technology and social status and some may say maturity. This can present alot of issues for them such as cyber bullying, anxiety and illegal doings. The tech age is a wonderful thing but what issues do you believe they are facing?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12462831_f260.jpg

2. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

i believe technology social networking has taken alot of children and robbing them of being a kid a time where they don't need to think bout relationships and how they look. weight ext..

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

They need parents n teachers to guide them what to do and whom to be aware of

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 2 years ago

Children need to understand the new technology that we have today, but they will pick that up, just as those of us in our 50s and 60s did. We need to go back to teaching some basic skills, like how to write a letter using real words. How to do certain math functions without a computer and how to look up items at the library without depending on an SEO system directing our search in a particular way. More simply stated, we need to go back to some of the basics and then incorporate the new technology as we get older.

5. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I believe bullying has entered a whole new realm.  It used to be if you dealt with a bully or mean kids at school, once you left class you could get away from it for a bit.  Today, kids are harassed around the clock via text, social media etc.  It would be interesting to see if teen suicide rates have increased more over the past 15 years or so - and I'm betting the answer is yes. 

The overwhelming technology could bring amazing opportunities for growth and learning (and it does) but it also comes with a price.

working