jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Has President Obama purposely driven our country into extreme debt or has it bee

1. Missing Link profile image81
    Missing Linkposted 2 years ago

Has President Obama purposely driven our country into extreme debt or has it been for other reasons?

I know our country was in debt prior to Obama but he has greatly exacerbated the debt to a point I'm afraid we will never get out of debt.  It seems to me he has done it on purpose as frankly, I think he wants our country to collapse.  If not done purposely, why has it been done---for what reason---why?  Thank you!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Because he's an Illuminati powered Kenyan super villain with alien powers who's sworn to bring us down from the inside so he can install Sharia Law, bar code us, and pack us all off to the nearest FEMA concentration camp.

...or at least, that's what the guy in the tin foil hat on the street corner told me. Sounds legit.

Missing Linkposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Keith,

He has greatly exacerbated our debt.  It is a fact.  I'm just wondering why; it is a fair question.

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

Most of the debit increase can be tracked back to events inherited from the previous administration: the economic collapse, enormous tax cuts for the rich and corporations, and the lack of funding for the two wars we fought.

I've heard numerous times per news outlets that he has increased the national debt more than all prior presidents combined.  ??

4. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

The debt has continued to grow because we still have a deficit of spending. In order to start paying off that debt, we have to eliminate the deficit. And, since President Obama took office, the deficit has been shrinking significantly. Pulling out of the debt tailspin isn't going to happen overnight.

ok.  please see my response above to Lisa Vollrath.

working