jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Will the United States ever lose her superpower status as other powerful nations

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Will the United States ever lose her superpower status as other powerful nations/empires such

as the British Empire have done in the past or will the United States become even more powerful & predominant in the future?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9159728_f260.jpg

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago

According to the bible she will lose it and so I suppose this administration has served its purpose and those who supported it have done their part too.

3. ronbergeron profile image83
    ronbergeronposted 2 years ago

Everything has a lifespan. At some point, things will change and the US will no longer be as special as many of us like to think. That could be due to a lot of things such as climate change, natural disaster, political upheaval, economic collapse, social change (decreased education and increased apathy come to mind), or some other country could simply take the lead.

This could be disastrous for the country, or at least for our self-image. Or maybe it would be good for someone else to be "in charge" for a while and take the brunt of the world's ire.

Maybe someone from Great Britain can tell us what it's like to have once been the star of the show and now be a supporting actor.

4. Aime F profile image83
    Aime Fposted 2 years ago

I don't know, but your reputation has taken a big hit since an embarrassing chunk of your population actually stands behind Donald Trump.  wink 

Something tells me y'all won't be very popular with the global community if god forbid he becomes the president, either.

1. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't like him but at least he is speaking the minds of Americans. We like hearing what we think finally! That beats run of the mill politicians.

5. Old-Empresario profile image81
    Old-Empresarioposted 2 years ago

The US Navy and US Air Force is still unmatched. We have more nukes than any other country. Russia is our biggest military threat. Growing powers over the next century: China, India, Brazil, Nigeria and all of southeast Asia.

1. ronbergeron profile image83
      ronbergeronposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Military force is only one aspect of being a superpower. Economic, science, and cultural leadership are also important.

working