jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What will the New President do for you or the country?

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image27
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

What will the New President do for you or the country?

What are you hoping that the New President will accomplish, I don't mean set into motion, but actually complete during the first year, or at least during the first term?
    I would like to have a smaller government and less taxes. What would you like.
    The congress makes this kind of decision, but a president can convince his party in congress to put this in motion, just as president Obama did with PPACA

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

What we he (or she) do? Not a damn thing.

3. profile image61
    Lazaro DeJesusposted 2 years ago

Well I'd definitely hope that our new president bring Jesus Christ into the white house. Then will we see the elevation of this nation.

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Lower income taxes, reduce government requirements for insurance, remove marijuana from federal drug list, legalize marijuana medically nationwide, end the "war on drugs" to reduce spending and get government out of private lives, require all states to drug test for all state assistance in order to get funding from federal government, end lobbying, enforce all of the constitution not just the parts that are about guns, reduce the amount of assistance allowed to those able to work, but not working after a certain amount of time, increase availability for assistance to people who are working but outside of the poverty guidelines, focus on REAL equality across the board, so on and so on.
    My list of wants is long and unlikely. For the record my drug test vs end the war on drugs may seem backwards but I think each person should have a right to do what they want with their own body without government interference as long as that person doesn't expect to get anything from the government when using their money on drugs.
    Sadly very little will likely get done the first year.

Closed to reply