jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Does it bother you to hear youth using the word Nigger. Is it ever used in a ac

1. bluesradio profile image76
    bluesradioposted 2 years ago

Does it bother you to hear youth using the word Nigger.  Is it ever used in a acceptable way?

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

That word will always make me cringe, no matter who is using it. I realize that some people of color use slang terms to refer to each other, in order to take back the power those words have against them. I've spent some time living in the South, and hearing it used by white people in otherwise polite conversation. I find the word offensive.

3. bluesradio profile image76
    bluesradioposted 2 years ago

A lot of people try to reclaim words.  Some women use derogatory terms as a way to reclaim those words.  Plus some youths just use it as part of their everyday slang.  It makes me crange too....

4. LoliHey profile image57
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

Yes, it is a bad word, and black people need to stop using it, too.

bluesradioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Why so many rappers use it is beyond me...m

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

I grew up in Manhattan, and name calling was the least of my problems. So, I am not bothered by the word, as much as I am with the intent of the person using it.

The people of today are so thin skinned and fragile that words are treated like gunshots, and that is ridiculous. What I think is much worse than "forbidden" words is when the person is nice to your face, but wants to do bad acts behind your back.

Basically, it is not what is one the lips of the person, but what is in their heart. Here is an example, you accidentally hit your thumb trying to hammer a nail. What are you thinking when it happens versus what you say out loud. That is the point I am trying to make.

What also bothers me is that these forbidden words only work to stifle one side. People use the word whitety in the same manner as other people use the word nigger. Neither or both are acceptable, but not one versus the other.

The larger question widens the arena to more than just the word nigger.

Why are the adults of today trying to be protected as if they were little innocent school kids? In addition, there are apparently no more Negroes, while there are still Caucasians. Yet, what is the NAACP still calling itself.

Finally, what has been accomplished by banning these kinds of words. Has it really changed the hearts of the people that use them?

bluesradioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes backstabbers are the worse.  The ojays wrote a song about them.  That smile in your face but stab you in the back us a paraphrase of ten main lyrics...

working