jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you believe that America is evolving or devolving as a nation? Why? Why not?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Do you believe that America is evolving or devolving as a nation? Why?  Why not?

2. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

Hard to say.  With all the civil unrest it can be said we are devolving.  The nation was already divided as far as Republicans and Democrats were concerned, but now with the protesters, and the influx of Muslims it is worse.  I say this because there is so much fear and hatred towards the refugees coming in (not by me, but by multitudes of others).  This can get bad, very bad, and so many people distrust Obama.  Not to mention WWIII looms on the horizon.  If people don't unite and get it together, America will fall!

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for answering!

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

It has been devolving since the 1970s, when we started to lose our manufacturing might because we got taken by foreign oil. We lost our prowess in the auto field, and then we lost Vietnam.

The federal government grew in size and scope and then we started to try and legislate social issues. This trend has grown in the new century, and now we are trying to please the minorities in the country, and even the illegal aliens, and really any aliens, while ignoring the citizens of the country.

The three branches of government have failed as checks and balances, and we have seen the divergence of the goals of the democrats and the republican bring the government to a stand still, This left the executive office and the Supreme Court to be the de facto legislative branch of the country.

We are printing so much money to try and fill the holes in a sinking economy that the economy is fragile and really controlled by super conglomerates that have taken most of their tax obligations away by putting their interest abroad.

The is a thin veneer giving us an illusion that we are the same America of yesterday, but yesterday was real, and America stood for something good.

Today, the US is even baffled by a few terrorists, and it has also made the Middle East worst than it has ever been. We haven't won a war since 1898, and my definition of winning is the resolution of the issues that got us into the war.

This list goes on, but I get sad when I write it down and read it.
    It anyone differs with my opinion, then I would welcome being wrong.
    We the people
    By the people
    Of the people
    For the people

Does anyone actually see that in action today?