jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think that the US Constitution has been stretched out of shape?

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Do you think that the US Constitution has been stretched out of shape?

In the last several decades the SCOTUS has made some strange decisions that have really changed the interpretation of the literal wording of the constitution.
    That is the basis of this ?, but how do you see the interpretation of the constitution by SCOTUS?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12739375_f260.jpg

2. lovemychris profile image60
    lovemychrisposted 2 years ago

Favoring big business and religion. Against the little people and women. 5-4 conservative is to blame for this. The fact that one of them has a wife belonging to the Tea Party and a group with a 30 point plan to destroy Democrats is enough for me. Another one went hunting with Dick Cheney....and they are unbiased? Yeah right, and I'm Santa Claus. I don't trust them to rule fairly, and that's a sad state of affairs.

3. wba108@yahoo.com profile image81
    wba108@yahoo.composted 2 years ago

The Constitution really began to be abused in the 1930's when judges succumbed to political pressure after FDR's court packing scheme. Progressives both extended and used the Great Depression to implement their massive unconstitutional social programs and have continued to do so since then, with the latest treason being Obamacare.

The courts began the sham of a living Constitution to justify not interpreting it according to its original meaning. The purpose was to shift power from the people and their local governments to an increasing federal control. Also using the courts to remove Christianity from the public sphere, possibly because it also interfered with the federal governments power monopoly.

1. lovemychris profile image60
      lovemychrisposted 2 years agoin reply to this

http://readersupportednews.org/news-sec … rer..Using the SC to get around actually LEGISLATING for laws! Senator Warren sees current SC as pro-corporate almost wholly owned subsidiary of big biz.

Closed to reply

working