jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Do people feel we need radical changes like Trump talks about to protect this co

1. iggy7117 profile image79
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Do people feel we need radical changes like Trump talks about to protect this country?

2. Brett Hoover profile image77
    Brett Hooverposted 2 years ago

I don't think a majority of people actually agree with his policies but I do believe they feel comfort in the fact that chances are he means to follow through on them. People are just tired of all the lying. Both sides want someone to mean what they say and people find this in Trump.

1. Besarien profile image86
      Besarienposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Personally I hope that he doesn't mean half of what he says.

3. syzygyastro profile image78
    syzygyastroposted 2 years ago

The problem with politics today is the same that emerged in the early 1930s. That is, people are seeking a strong man in an era of financial stress and terror. What emerges in the beginning is bold rhetoric that could well be backed up with actions a few years on. Remember what happened in the 30s and 40s. We are headed down a dangerous road!

1. adagio4639 profile image82
      adagio4639posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think you're absolutely right. We've all seen this story play out and it doesn't end well.

4. My Esoteric profile image91
    My Esotericposted 2 years ago

What you are seeing is an army of high scoring Right-wing Authoritarian followers following one of the most virulent Social Domination Oriented person that has come down the pike since the late 1950s (when I became interested in politics.) [I have hubs on both personalities if you are interested.]

This is a deadly mix that can, and has, led countries into Hell.  The prime example is Adolf Hitler and his Nazi Party.  Now, I can't say Trump is as bad as Hitler, nor can I say he isn't; but I can say that he generates the same blind enthusiasm from his followers that Hitler did with the German people.

The only test we have available to see how strong a hold he has is to watch the results from the 1st Super Tuesday primaries.   It may be moot, because even if he fails, Trump as a surrogate in Senator Ted Cruz who probably scores almost has high on the SDO scale as Trump would.

working