jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think a candidate is qualified to be President if they don't know the nam

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image82
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 2 years ago

Do you think a candidate is qualified to be President if they don't know the names of  the states?

The Birther movement, by Ted Cruz accusing President Obama of not being born in the US, and Donald Trump demanding the President Obama turn over his birth certificate to him, even after it had been posted on the internet.
    If these two candidates do not know that Hawaii is a state. I don't think either of them is qualified to be President.
    I learned yesterday that even though Cruz's mother was born in the states, she became and was a Canadian Citizen at the time of his birth.  He is the one not born in the United States.

2. Credence2 profile image81
    Credence2posted 2 years ago

These issues have actually nothing to do with which candidates were born where, but are in fact meanspirited political attacks. If these men don't know that Hawaii has been a state since 1959, maybe they ought to, instead, run for class president of their local Middle Schools...

Shyron E Shenkoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Credence, that is my point exactly.  Both these "good ole boy" seek the power of the Bully Pulpit, and neither are qualified to be class president of the 1st grade in grammar school.
      Thank you for answering this question.
      Blessings

3. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 2 years ago

Obama. AKA Berry didn't know any better when he said there were 56 states in the union during one of his speeches.Or the fact that he didn't put his right hand over his heart during the playing of the national anthem early in his first term as president or the fact that he was in fact taught  in an  Islamic school in a foreign country and was not a christian as he claimed during the Election.Despite going to a well known so-called christian church where a well known preacher frequently made disparaging remarks about America using a couple of swear words. Or the fact that Obama refused to make public his school records or school  grades in college as well as any other pertinent information that the public might want  to know about a perspective candidate. Or any alliances he might have secular or religious.

Shyron E Shenkoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Someonewhoknows, your pin name is a real misnomer.  All the things that you mentioned above has been debunked.
      Where have you been?
      Have a good day.

2. someonewhoknows profile image75
      someonewhoknowsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes we only see the obvious rather than the obscure -
      so-me-one-who-knows

working