jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do YOU predict for the United States for the next 50 years?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What do YOU predict for the United States for the next 50 years?

2. TraceyWalsh profile image80
    TraceyWalshposted 2 years ago

Some say that we will succumb to our own devices.  There are others that predict an Apocalypse, whether it will be biblical or of zombie persuasion there is no answer yet.  Survivalist say we will end in anarchy and militant marshal law.  Environmentalist elude to climate change as inevitable, thus we will end as the dinosaurs or other previous civilizations.  The consensus seems that not only the United States but the World as a whole is expected to perish. Unless the United States, the World, and us as individuals change the direction we have set course upon; is there any hope besides extinction? My prediction based on the past example of human nature, the next 50 years will be catastrophic financially, politically, and spiritually.

3. bluesradio profile image74
    bluesradioposted 2 years ago

Definitely heading toward environmental issues of major disaster unless we change our ways, but on the positive side I do think we will see cars that do not need human power to cruise around and also probably flying vehicles finally....
    I also believe that we will find cures for major diseases like Cancer, AIDS, and other things and I also feel that we will see a shift in the racial paradigm which could lead to some more serious race and cultural clashes before things get better.
    I also think we will some new innovations in all forms of the arts, ranging from new styles of filmmaking to new art directions..

4. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 2 years ago

I've written an entire chapter on this in my book: My Guru Sri Chinmoy: Life And Teachings, available from Vajra Publishers. The Chapter is called A Glimpse Into Sri Chinmoy's Vision of America.

Actually, I believe I used much of it and created a Hub. It's on Hub Pages. It is all positive. Nice question.