jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What makes some people IMMATURELY contend that a person is a PURE liberal or con

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What makes some people IMMATURELY contend that a person is a PURE liberal or conservative

in his/her beliefs when an evolved, thinking, & intelligent person realizes that no person is a pure liberal or conservative in his/her beliefs & that his/her beliefs are a combination of both liberal & conservative?  What causes these same people to further assert that just because a person is a liberal or conservative that h/she has to agree with & never criticize any liberal or conservative politician?  What happened to the concept of having a mind of one's own instead of having a herd consensus in relation to political & ideological beliefs?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12740819_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

I agree with you!
    Everyone is liberal about some things and conservative about others.
    Maybe it's human nature to want throw people in a box and slap on a label.
    You see this happen between men and women as well. They love to take "gender shortcuts" by saying things like: (All men think like this or All women think like that). Here is what women expect or men want.
    They lack the interest of getting to know people (individually).

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That type of thinking is elementary school thinking.  It is downright puerile if you ask me.  Mature, real adults KNOW BETTER or THEY SHOULD!!!!

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

I don't care for labels, and I try not to use them except in the most general sense. I also don't think that words like immature make a cogent argument or description as it taints the question.

I can't really answer your question.

working