jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

I'm really fired up about politics and making hubs about my candidate. Are you F

1. Virginia Allain profile image85
    Virginia Allainposted 2 years ago

I'm really fired up about politics and making hubs about my candidate. Are you Feeling the Bern?

Or do you have another candidate or party that inspires your passion?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12840413_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

He's proof that anti-establishment feelings are true for both political parties.

Virginia Allainposted 2 years agoin reply to this

He's the only one who has government experience but has stayed pure from its corruption. He's authentic and caring. People crave that.

3. profile image0
    David Bucknerposted 2 years ago

I think Sanders inspires both younger & older generations because he says what people want to hear. The problem is that almost every President has done this, & obviously they don't deliver. That being said, out of all the monstrosities that we call candidates right now, I'd say Bernie Sanders or Marco Rubio are the best choices.

At least, Bernie is articulating the problem and offering goals. Most don't even want to address the issues. For me, it seems all the other candidates just want war and more war. Won't keep our country safe, just fuel the military industrial complex

4. Lady Lorelei profile image86
    Lady Loreleiposted 2 years ago

Bernie is certainly the voice of diplomacy and logic in the US election. If I lived there he would be my choice of candidates. Trump is frightening and I am afraid that if he were to become president that world war 3 would not be far behind him. He is a very scary bigoted man. Does he really think that other country's won't see through his prejudiced attitude?

5. wba108@yahoo.com profile image82
    wba108@yahoo.composted 2 years ago

I'm excited about Ted Cruz because he's the first real Constitutional conservative since Ronald Reagan. He's an outsider whose not afraid to confront the elites in both parties.

He's had a passion for the Constitution since his youth and wants to return to the the principles in it which have accounted for America's greatness and made the government one that's "of the people".

He wants to reduce the size and influence of the federal government to bring back the decision making process and power closer to the people though their state and local governments.

He also wants to bring America back to its Christian foundations that have been under constant assault with the government's secular agenda.

You do sound fired up for Cruz.
      If we were debating, I'd have to mention that America was founded as a secular nation by Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, etc. We aren't debating, so I'll drop that discussion. Thanks for your answer.

2. wba108@yahoo.com profile image82
      wba108@yahoo.composted 2 years agoin reply to this

If we were debating, I'd mention that Washington DC has scripture quotes in practically every prominent place and the vast majority of the founders considered Christianity to be central to american society.

working