jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Yet another Obama trip to CA, is the US in good shape that he has time to do par

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Yet another Obama trip to CA, is the US in good shape that he has time to do party business?

I know that all presidents use the taxpayer dime to campaign for themselves or their party, but when should it stop. There are 50 states and these elected politicians only visit the ones that they want for votes.

California is Democrat central, what about all the Red States. We all pay for this discriminatory party event, but only the democrats get some ROI.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12740494_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Every president as you noted raises funds for their political party.
    Obama is not doing anything different than any other president.
    It makes sense to visit the states where you can get more bang for your buck when it comes to support. Republicans invest time in "Red States"
    I wouldn't call it discriminatory as much I would say it's acknowledging there are two parties within the country and support varies according to state.
    According to Politifact George W. took much more time off from the white house. I saw nothing wrong with that either.
    A president has an office with him and can be reached by his cabinet wherever he goes. Most people would rather have him raising money than sitting in the oval office writing more executive orders. smile

bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Campaigning has its own focus and while he can be contacted anywhere in the world, he should be there was the benefit of our entire country, and not for his party.

The bigger problem is that most of congress is campaigning. Remem 2008!

3. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 2 years ago

The effects of his absence will depend greatly on how good his cabinet is.  Understandably he is trying to cement his legacy, though admittedly Putin believes in the old saying that says "When the cat's away, the mice (and rats) will play."  President Obama doesn't want any stumbles as his hourglass as president runs out.  His past hesitations can only become worse, and he will be easily distracted by his love of politics.

4. Credence2 profile image80
    Credence2posted 2 years ago

Why is this only the Democrats and Obama's problem? You seem to think that the GOP doesn't do the same....

What happened when Bush returned to Texas?

bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Read my full ?.

working