What causes some people to be threatened by, even fearful of women's liberalizat

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What causes some people to be threatened by, even fearful of women's liberalization & broadening

of contraceptive & reproductive freedoms & choices which result in the former's being against such contraceptive & reproductive freedoms/choices?  How is this fear the underlying impetus in these people's desire to control women's reproductive options?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8481092_f260.jpg

2. profile image62
    peter565posted 2 years ago

I don't think people are afraid of women liberation. But the problem is that some women take on radical.

In regards to why traditionally in society, women are put in a disadvantage position is due to a lot of reason. for example, 1000 years ago, women get married when they are 14~15 years old, men get married when they are 18, 19, 20 years old. Technically speaking, at first marriage, the wife is still a child, while the husband is an adult, therefore, if the husband is a good man, it make sense, for the wife to follow the husband, at least within the first few years within the marriage, during those era. But today, society have changed, therefore, it is unreasonable to follow those old school values.

However, there are 2 form of society, traditional society and modern society, traditional society insist on traditional value, blindly, so, when these idea become outdated, they keep following it, modern society change its view, in accordance to time, but how people think sometime still take 20, 30 years to catch up to change.

In the west, we pride ourself to treat women better, while the rest of the world, treat women like crap and we think, if any nation don't treat women like crap, it must be because western influence. However, that is very much not true. For example, let's take a look at what the bible teaches, about the treatment of women.

1 Peter 3:1-22 [Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, ...]

Because, women liberation is a sin, treatment of women have no change, in the west, till the age of enlightment in 17th century, where society become independent from the church. In fact, women in the west enjoy more liberation during Roman era, which is prior to Christianity

3. bluesradio profile image74
    bluesradioposted 2 years ago

Too many people are intimidated by a women in power, and a woman of influence...I was raised by a woman of influence in her world of non profits and media so I have no problem with respecting a woman who is independent and able to handle her own.   But, a lot of guys are intimidated by these kind....I actually feel sorry for folks like this, but that is just my opinion...

working