jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How concerned are you about World War III happening in 2016-2018 time frame?

1. bluesradio profile image73
    bluesradioposted 2 years ago

How concerned are you about World War III happening in 2016-2018 time frame?

2. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

It is already going on in Syria and the Middle East, fundamentalist Islam against everyone else.

bluesradioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

But couldn't the same be said about some countries where it is Fundamentalist Christians against everyone else, or about Ireland where two factions have been fighting for what seems like FOREVER!!!!

2. tamarawilhite profile image90
      tamarawilhiteposted 2 years agoin reply to this

North Ireland was Irish vs English, where the religious divisions followed the ethnic.
      There are no nations today where fundamentalist Christians have armies massacring people, though Islam has groups from Indonesia to India to North Africa doing so

3. bluesradio profile image73

Most of the muslims I know are very peace loving and are not out to exterminate another religion.....I find these are extremist cells....and my point is that all religion have extremists...Some may just do a bettrer job of hiding it than others.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

It seems to me that it is the Christians that have embraced this idea of WWIII. I was passing thru the channels today, and there they were Christians talking about WWIII, and how they can save you.

Over history these religious people have claimed to predict doom and gloom based on whatever passages from the bible that suits their plan.

These people claim to hear and listen to God, yet we know that no one really talks, much less sees God. They just keep inventing new comparisons for passages of the bible.

Well, like Shakespeare, the BiBles are an encyclopedia of human nature, so as long as there are humans, there will be some comparison. That doesn't mean they see the future, it means they want you to believe that they can see the future.

There is one of these people, a woman, that is claiming she has a vision about bread lines and WWIII.

It seems to me that talking about WWIII is playing into their hands. Do you really believe people that think they are so special that God talks to them?

I am 53 and it seems like just about every year, some religious group or another is predicting that this is the end year, though the Bible plainly says no one will know the day or time of the Second Coming.......Maybe they didn't read that part?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Marc
      It does seem like that, and they keep reading the same stuff year after year, and they see something different.

working