Norway Killer NOT a Christian here is proof of the MSM Lies

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (200 posts)
  1. Brie Hoffman profile image59
    Brie Hoffmanposted 12 years ago
    1. christ4ever profile image64
      christ4everposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Brie... Maybe this info will help with your point.
      I wrote an article last week on this topic <no promotional links> and also provided a link in the article to where Breivik’s Manifesto is posted on the internet @ the (Kevin I. Slaughter) website - if anyone wants to read what he had put in his own words. The manifesto clearly describes what type of person he was, even if the video you have linked to is not as clear an example for some people.

*Feel free to copy & paste anything here in the forum from that info that you feel is relevant to the discussion at hand.

One of the larger issues and problems is not only the fact that he only 'claimed' a connection to Christian groups, but that the media was so quick to label him as a "Christian Fundamentalist Terrorist" (which appears to be a growing trend in the more liberal-minded media with incorrecting 'labelling' right-wing activists) and this fact is having an even more detrimental effect on the perceptions of people in society at large.

Point blank, call these things what they actually are! As these 'extremist' type of behavior (regardless of what faith they proclaim - Muslim, Christian, or right-wing, leftist, or whatever) are quite simply murderous and evil, wrongful actions that have no connection whatsoever to the concept of all goodness. 'REAL' Christians (especially a 'Fundamentalist') have a system of faith that prohibits these type of actions and thus it goes against their core beliefs. Therefore, anyone who commits such an atrocity, cannot be a "true" believer or practitioner of that faith, simply by default, no matter what they profess as thier belief, or what the media for that matter chooses to incorrectly label them as.

Hope that helps... Rev.Ted

Brie Hoffmanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Rev. Ted.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

Sorry, but after watching that video, I saw no proof of Breivik not being a Christian. The vast majority of what he said can be found right here on these forums from Christians.

He SAID in the video that he only considered himself a Christian because of the friggen HOLIDAYS!  How much more proof can you get.  He also said that he DOESN'T HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST!  WHICH IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, but self-proclaimed Christians have a vast array of explanations as to why they are Christians. You have yours and they have theirs. They can no more call you a non-Christian than you can call them. smile

3. livelonger profile image85
    livelongerposted 12 years ago

He is culturally "Christian", but unobservant of many of Jesus's teachings and doctrinal requirements...

...which is similar to many of the loudest "Christians" here, too.

I agree he's not a fundamentalist, but neither are those on their second/third spouses, liars, etc.

That's right..I would say that anyone who claims that they are a Christian but doesn't follow the teaching of Jesus Christ is deluding themselves and others.  That is the only legitimate definition.

That would include almost all self-proclaimed Christians. Do you actually know anyone who follows Christ's teachings?

1. livelonger profile image85
          livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know literally one. They are extremely rare and they tend to keep a low profile.

He should be made the Pope.

She has no interest in covering up the widespread abuse of children by priests.

Maybe she can fix it instead of covering it up, that would be a novel idea.

Apparently not part of the job description! Sadly...

2. Brie Hoffman profile image59

Are  you talking about me?  I'm not Catholic...I have talked about the pedophile priests in other posts.  As far as I'm concerned Catholics are NOT Christians.

Again, if a Catholic wants to call himself a Christian, there isn't anything you or anyone else can do about it, just like they can't do anything about you calling yourself a Christian.

1. profile image0
                    brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

if christians make mistakes, and sin, this does not make them non christians. Christians are not chosen because they are perfect, they are called to be perfect (they are chosen because God loves them) but along the road to perfection, mishaps will occur. There are basic requirements to being christian, none of which are followed by catholicism. Catholicism is everything else but Christ based and therefore does not allow them to be christian - which means christ like.
                    People who are not perfect are indeed privileged to call themselves christians and still be telling the truth, which is, they follow jesus Christ and therefore they are christian.
                    If a catholic wants to call themselves christian this is another area they are deceived in also. God bless the heart of a catholic but they need to come out of that false system.

Yes, I know many...maybe it's the company you keep?  smile

3. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree that most Christians totally overlook the most important aspect of Christianity - trying to follow the example Jesus set.

Well said, habee.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

You can't use your definition of christian as the only one for christian. Anyone that labels themselves to be a christian is one. You can say he isn't Baptist, Catholic or pentecostal; but you are deluding yourself if you think he wasn't Christian.

Why are you worried about it? It isn't his professed religion that drove him to this act.

I can define myself by the historical definition of Christianity which is what I am doing.  I will NOT allow other people to redefine the meaning of Christianity.

Yes, his professed religion is what drove him to commit those acts which is why I am telling you that his professed religion WAS NOT Christian.

You say that but you're probably just referring to others who share your particular version of Christianity.

That would be the obvious motive for this thread. smile

2. livelonger profile image85

What do you think of Muslims who say the same thing?

Muslims do not believe in the Jesus of the Bible...they have made up a phony Jesus.

I meant what do you think of Muslims who say that Islamist terrorist who kill civilians are not true Muslims? Do you agree with them, or understand where they're coming from?

There Koran says to kill unbelievers..so I would say that they are not being true to what their own religion teaches.  Whereas, Jesus taught to turn the other cheek and to do good to those that hurt you.

"They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman." 

(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Exactly. You'll find lots of "kill everyone else" in books written during primitive times. Fundamentalists take that stuff literally, while moderate religious people realize it was in the primitive language of a primitive time.

Besides, Brie, Muslims are far less likely to condone terrorism against civilians than Christians in this country. Take a look at page 31 in this Gallup survey.
                  Muslim Americans are considerably more likely to believe that terrorist attacks against civilians are never justified than Christians. Higher levels of mosque attendance did not affect the likelihood of supporting terrorism.

These were laws for Israel at that time because they were a Theocracy and even by the time of Jesus when they were under Roman rule they were not applied because they couldn't.  They are not rules for us to live on.

Then, we can say that about any scripture. You can't just cherry pick the Bible for quotes that appeal to you. It's all or nothing.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image77
                DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deuteronomy Chapter 13 states pretty much the same thing. "Put anyone to death who tries to lead you away from God".(paraphased)

1. profile image0

deu 13 is interesting. I'll use a term from before "local cleansing". Chapter 1-5 is about false prophets. Something we do not do today is clean out the falseness. We know there are false prophets, false healers, false teachers leavening our population and we often hear because of this, "who are we to believe, you say this and another says that". Well today we are many years forward in time from then, from the start of Godianity and a peculiarity about starting something is ya gotta be tough from the beginning otherwise things soon start to break down and then comes competition. You will notice in this chapter 13 a progression.
                  chapter 6-10 deals with family. 1-5 a single person, 6-10 family.
                  chapter 11 gives the reason for this local cleansing... so that one true and direct path only is made clear and not confusing like we have today with probably, i am guessing, 7 million paths to god or a god like form or inner self or the powers of nature, etc.
                  chapter 12-17 talks of cities. Sinfulness spreads like wildfire if not put out quickly.
                  verse 18 gives the reason why and that is so that they shall know the way of the Lord.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

Sure they believe in the Jesus of the Bible, they just don't consider Jesus to be the son of their god; Allah.

You can't just stick the name of Jesus on some fictitious character and say he is the historical Jesus...that's what Muslims, Mormons and JW's do.

That may very well be what Christians did too. It's not an argument because Muslims got their information from scriptures.

1. profile image0

It is an argument because God crucified Jesus on the cross and if this act is considered a moot point, we can easily understand how wrong the person doing the mooting is and therefore if we notice the cross of christ being mooted we can safely deduce that this belief, which moots the cross of Christ, is completely wrong and therefore must not be from any scripture that God compiled because why would God logically, moot the incredibly important sacrifice of his own son.

You raise a very moot point. Well spotted.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image73
                    Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"God crucified Jesus on the cross..."
                    I thought it was the Romans?

3. DoubleScorpion profile image77

Could you define "historical definition of Christianity", please?

And not to pick...But the meaning of Christianity is re-defined on a daily basis by those who are experts of Christianity and it's doctrine. Even if you are to examine the OT, you will see an evolving of the doctrine, teachings and understanding of God written there as well.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Christians might be defined historically as that particular religious group demanding that the rest of the world accept the same dogma.

The crusades started it (although they mostly turned into a rape and pillage affair) - demanding that the terrible infidels in the near east conform.

The church of England continued the same thought by demanding everyone join and agree with the church - it's what started early settlements in America as people fled.

The puritans forged on, once more demanding that everyone be of the same faith and beliefs, killing anyone they called a witch that didn't.

Even today the same group does everything possible to force their beliefs on the rest of America - teach creationism in schools, require school prayer wherever possible, change our history to indicate that everyone then was Christian so we should be also.

That's a good point that Christianity is a dogmatic religion, and a proselytizing one. You must (force yourself to) believe certain things, and you must try to get other people to believe those things, too.

It's not unique in this way (Islam comes to mind; Islam and Christianity are far more similar to each other than they are different), but it does explain why it's grown so successfully and why it's, frankly, caused a lot of problems for non-Christians over the past 1200 years or so where they've been the majority.

(No disrespect to those Christians who practice their faith privately, of course.)

1. wilderness profile image96
              wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Islam and Christianity are nearly identical in their effects on outsiders.  Islam is just a 100 years behind in civilizing itself is all.

2. profile image0

I disagree, islam and christianity are not close at all. Islam and catholicism are close, but not christianity. Islam is not jesus centered - neither is catholicism, islam has mary so does catho, the women dress alike, priests are fathers - in christianity there is only one father and that is God. islam is a religion based on works and so is catho - christianity is based not on works but on the work done by jesus christ.
              As to christianity being dogmatic that is dubious because really, Gods holy spirit does the changing in the life not a set of rules although many purport the rules this is called legalism, christians need to understand that God does the work not any person. Yes there are basic beliefs which revolve around the gospel of Christ but beyond that how much of scripture is correct is not important, love is, faith is, belief is and growth is.

All I'm able to gather is that you don't like Catholicism or Islam, which is why you insist (incorrectly) that they're nothing like Protestant Christianity.

1. profile image0

I was responding to the post.
                  As to your 'incorrectly'  indictment - do you have proof i am incorrect?

Boy you are a breath of fresh air Brotheryochanan!

1. profile image0

Thanks
                  I enjoy your veracity, figures yer a new yorker big_smile
                  which came first, the veracity or new york smile

The Veracity!  I'm originally from laid back California..go figure!

4. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, as long as no one has a problem with them calling themselves Christian prior to the violence, you'll have to keep on claiming them after. The church can't have it both ways.

1. lone77star profile image72
          lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Right, Emile. A guy calls himself a scientist, then starts telling us about how Santa Clause and Mother Goose are coming to dinner, tonight. Hmmm! Still a scientist?

5. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well ,I get it.

If he was a Christian, then I might as well put on a white coat and call myself a doctor lol

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77

There is no college degree required to be a Christian. Only Faith is required to be a Christian.

With the white coat, you could claim to be a doctor and be thought the same, that is, until someone asks to see your college degree.

And since faith can't be proved or given, there is no way to disprove someone as being a christian if they claim to be one. (even if their actions don't live up to the "christian" standard)

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Yep sooner or later ,lack of evidence would be ones greatest clue, even for the Christian.

Guess my point was saying you are something -doesnt make it so.

Most agreed. Many claim to be christian (or anything else for that matter) but does not make it true. I have met very few that I consider "Christian" and of those, there are some who don't claim the title.

Well, maybe its the company  you keep?

"Guess my point was saying you are something -doesnt make it so."

Would that also apply to someone who calls himself Muslim, but does something un-Muslim?

Sure, in my opinion anyway.

My thoughts are a person is defined by their actions ,more so than by their words.

6. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying that the only Christians are the Christians who follow your church's interpretation of Christianity? 

That's insulting.

No, I am saying that the only Christians are Christians who follow Jesus Christ's directives as clearly stated in the Bible.

And if you think that is insulting I really don't care.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
            Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Didn't Jesus Christ preach tolerance and love?

He preached love but no he did not preach tolerance.  He said (and I quote) I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME. 

Very intolerant I would say..very exclusive and very direct.

and:

(Mat 7:13)  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

(Mat 7:14)  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Very intolerant I would say.  But Loving because he provided the way through his sacrificial death on the cross.

1. profile image0

mmmmm
                  how sweet that is

I think Christ was very accepting and part of his acceptance was his ability to forgive but still he said "Go and sin no more". After a point is crossed intolerance dominates. Choosing to discover God by another path would lead to intolerance.

John 10:1   Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that enters not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

No one tolerates a thief or a robber.

If i could wrap my mind fully around the cross i believe my eyes would always be leaking. I put a cat down at the vets and i'm cryin.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Yes Jesus did preach tolerance Marissa.

Tolerance

John 3:17. This follows the verse that is perhaps the most recited verse in the Bible. Jesus was still talking in plain and simple terms. "For God sent His Son into the world not to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."

Christianity does not carry a message of intolerance or condemnation, but a message of reconciliation and salvation.

There are lots of parables where Jesus stepped in show the disciples examples of tolerance smile

Thank God he did ,because most of us wouldn't even see the pearly gates if he hadnt smile ( oops IMO)

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
                Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So if we go by  this then the OP is not a Christian.  lol

No comment-not my place to judge.
                  Too busy watching myself  lol

5. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I think he may have thought of himself as "culturally" Christian.  I often hear native British people say 'We are a Christian country, you know!'  But if they are asked if they believe in Christ, they will say no.  They mean they are Christian because they enjoy Christmas and are British, because they almost consider Jesus to have been an honorary Englishman.

it's ridiculous

2. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You know, he wore a bowler hat right? lol wink

3. Jeff Berndt profile image73

Well, Great Britain has an official State Religion: the Church of England. Therefore, Great Britain can in fact be considered a Christian nation.

6. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

If he believes in Jesus, he is a christian.

If I have to claim fundies as my brethren, then fundies have to claim the (slightly) more dangerous members of the faith.  And Catholics?  Seriously, if you have a 12 foot crucifix over your church door, you are most certainly a christian.

And here is one that is really gonna knock your socks off.  Satanic cults are sub-sects of Christianity as well, as you have to believe in Christ to believe in the anti-Christ.

BS

2. profile image0

One may believe in christ and the anti-christ but here is a mystery. Anti-christ means against christ and is referred in scripture as the spirit of anti-christ which means the spirit of being against christ, which is what most of the world already has. Yes there will be one man who moves the world against God but he will be driven by the spirit of anti-christ not the Anti-christ himself is never personalized.
      Satanists don't believe in a supernatural being.. Anton Levey's satan in his statement of faith is stated to be...:
      "The beliefs, practices and rituals of the Church of Satan have few, if any, points of similarity with the Christian or Muslim concept of Satan. The CoS' Satan is pre-Christian, and derived from the Pagan image of power, virility, sexuality and sensuality. Satan is viewed as a force of nature, not a living quasi-deity."
      (taken from http://www.religioustolerance.org/satanis1.htm)

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
        MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LMAO, I read it.  It seems that the poor satanists are trying to separate themselves from Christianity too.  We really are a bunch of unlikable sods aren't we?

1. profile image0

hahahahahaha
          sods
          hahahahaha

i always liked that phrase, it makes me chuckle like when i think of little piggies eatin peanut butter  smile

yah we are. I've had my share of bein chewed on lol. Count it all good though, eh what ole bean

3. Jeff Berndt profile image73

"Satanic cults are sub-sects of Christianity as well, as you have to believe in Christ to believe in the anti-Christ."

Clever, but I'm not buying it. smile

7. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I'm not sure of the purpose of the thread. Regardless of what brand of religion he may practice, he is a murderer. Are you saying Christians aren't capable of mass murder?

Yes, because if they are Christians they wouldn't do that.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why not? They have throughout history. Who defines a true Christian? Just because someone is Christian doesn't mean they don't do wrong, including murder, rape, on and on. Have you studied history regarding Christianity?

You can't just say someone isn't a true Christian because you don't want them to mar the name of Christianity. Perhaps someone is not religious, but that doesn't mean they're not a Christian. As far as I understand the Christian Bible, once someone is 'saved', they are a Christian.

Why you don't see me often in the religion forums. None of it makes sense. 

Timothy McVeigh (remember him?) and Breveik share common right- wing extremist beliefs. McVeigh was a Christian.

Timothy McVeigh was NOT a Christian either, geez do you believe everything the MSM tells you?

You can't address the rest of my post?

I don't know what you're referring to MSM, mainstream media? I don't generally get my news from mainstream media. I read a number of different periodicals. I certainly don't get my news from biased youtube videos.
            McVeigh was a confirmed Catholic and had connections with religious groups.

Back to the premise of the thread. Why do you go to such trouble to defend Christians as being unblemished?

1. profile image0

unblemished christians

The problem with much of this ado is that christians need to stay attached to the vine
                John 15:1   I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
                John 15:4   Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
                John 15:5   I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
              Abiding is the key point. Its like a doctor who forgets to keep undated on his profession, he falls behind and at some point a patient can be heard to mutter, "he's not much of a doctor", yet he has a diploma on the wall.
              Christians don't get diplomas, we each have to try our best to stay attached to the vine.
              What fruit is borne of each branch depends on whether the branch is good or bad - connected or not to the vine - if bad fruit is borne then something is wrong with the connection. Good fruit = good connection.
              kinda simply put, i'll leave it there.
              When we say he is not a christian who has killed many people we mean to say, his connection is lost and he is deceived or gone astray. Yes that person may be saved - God judge the heart - being saved is not a permanent position that one automatically keeps because of a sinners prayer but keeps, by diligently staying attached to the vine. Although many people can honestly say "i would never kill somebody" and they would be telling the truth. Murder is quite a ways away from a good connection to the vine.

Quick question or two...

According to the bible, What is to be done to witches (sorceresses)? What about those that break the Sabbath? Or anyone who attempts to lead you away from God?

And if one can be a Christian and follow these laws? How is it different for any other who claims to be Christian?

1. Jerami profile image57
                  Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The way I understood this was that any witches that       rose up among them   were to be cast out or killed.

Point being, they wee not told to go out among the gentiles hunting witches wherever they might be found.

The point being...that for many "sins" death was the punishment and was condoned by God. How is that different from any other "Christian" killing "sinner" in the name of God?

2. profile image0

First off this is OT and when referring to OT ordinations we must remember that these things have changed. They are not in effect the same way they were back then. Sabbath is still important to God but it has taken on a new face so to speak, as i see it, the sabbath day can be any day which one sets aside to dedicate to God. Perhaps the day itself will vary depending on 'shift work' or sometimes a trucker, trucks a good long haul and is at if for 10 days. Maybe its the 6th day of the week and you cross the international date line, lol. The point is new system now.
                  The difference is, too your question directly, God told the Hebrews what to do and he put it in a book - God believes in writing things down so ya don't forget, and incidentally a book may form, lol. God told them not to tolerate other false beliefs so they would not be tempted (by the orgies and drunkeness of baal worship etc, and not be drawn away from God by the self serving people worship of seemingly magical persons, like chris angel, lol.. i make joke sorta, back then someone who could make a shekel after swallowing it appear out of his forearm could be the next holy man of God, so to speak.
                  I guess the point is, that God does not adhere to that frame of reference any more, times have changed and that OT covenant and its law has ended. Jesus said on the cross, "it is finished" and 'love your neighbor and your enemies'. I am so convinced of this that i will go on record as saying "God will never tell anyone to kill anyone under any circumstance or in any situation for any reason, so if people claim that God told them to kill that person, they are completely wrong because the God of the bible will not say that".
                  helpful?

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
                    Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You will go on record?  lol  How do we find out if you are right or wrong, BO?  I mean, seriously?  What do you have to lose by "going on record" here?   smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image84

There are no unblemished Christians.
                Your example gives no indication that this could be true.

If fruit is how Christians manifest their godly relationship, then where is it? I see nothing but judgement and intolerance posted by many of those who claim to be Christian. Love is not slamming someone for their beliefs or for what part of the world they live in. Fruit is desirable, something you want, love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.
                http://www.allaboutgod.com/fruit-of-the-spirit.htm  It should be more apparent?

Maybe quite a few Christians haven't reached that maturity in their spiritual lives. To take aim at others would indicate rotten, decaying fruit.

It would be unloving of me to let you go to hell without warning you.

I'm sorry, but you have no control over my life. lol You have no idea what I believe or how I live my life. Nor do I believe in hell. Hell means grave. There is no burning pit, what kind of god who claims to be all love oversees an eternal pit of fire? Look, you can believe whatever you want, but don't tell others they're going to hell if they don't believe you.

My point is, where's the fruit for others to see, the fruit that indicates you ( any Christian) live a godly life?

lol Thanks, really. You've warned us enough, so no additional warnings are necessary. Please let all the other born-agains know that you've warned us already so they can save their breath, too.

Circular logic at its circularest.

2. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you Rebekah, I can't actually see that it matters what religion this guy is or says he is. He's a murderer.

But to wade in behalf of Catholics, having been brought up as one I can assure you that Catholics regard themselves and refer to themselves as Christians. As they believe in Jesus and follow his teachings, why wouldn't they? Don't forget that Catholicism has been around for a very long time and used to be the only Christian religion in Europe, and that all Protestant churches are basically just offshoots, even fundamentalists.

1. profile image0

Yes but they do not regard jesus as diety. They incorporate mary worship and artifacts (idolatry) and pray to dead saints who can neither help nor hear, they rely on works - confession being one of them. Their communion is closed, only for catholics - which is not correct and other sundry wrong doctrines.
        I must clear up jesus as deity, jesus was God in the flesh, and jesus having died on the cross must not take second place to mary's immaculate heart - which is not scriptural either.
        Sprinkling of infants is not a baptism
        no one is born catholic nor into the kingdom of heaven by physical birth.
        Protestantism emerged from a wrong relgion and nothing has changed to make them join again.
        Yes catholicism was around for a very long time but only because they kept the bible out of the hands of the people, interpreted it they way they wanted to and murdered thousands if not millions to keep control <-- definitely not what jesus preached. One cannot determine a good religion as being correct because it was around for a very long time, the early church of pentecost, acts chapter 2 predates catholicism by 100yrs.

8. profile image31
    randallfposted 12 years ago

O'Reilly makes several good points. No proof is provided that killer was a practicing Christian.

9. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 12 years ago

Bree's bigotry against other religions (in fact her own..though she fails to see her own ridiculousness) is quite sad to observe...

Without Catholocism there would be no "Western Christianity" or Protestantism...  To deny Catholics their "Christian-ness" is pure folly... 

Bree speaks of "historical Christianity" but overwhelmingly proves that she hasn't a clue as to what this term means...

In terms of Muslims...they are following Abrahamic tradition...as are Jews, and as are many Christian sects...  Bree's ignorance (willfull I would wager) regarding Islam is plain to see... 

Hatemongering (as seen through Bree's mentality) is hardly "Christian"......oh, wait a minute....that's largely what it historically has been...

1. profile image0

Couldn't have said it better myself. Put me down for a +1

You can't even get my name right, I am not surprised that you don't know your history either!

3. profile image0

the early church in acts chapter 2 predates the abomination of pagan incorporated catholicism which even contained many other horrendous books in their bible. Much deception. So to say that christianity would not be around without catholicism is not correct. If the church in rome which became roman catholic (catholic meaning universal - and included pagan beliefs on purpose) had not become at all, the Christian church of acts 2 would have been far better off and so would many many many other people, especially those alive during the inquisiton - which was catholic driven and not protestant driven.

The early church you are speaking about, was based off of the Judaic faiths, which was based off of pagan practices in it's beginnings as well. And the protestant version of the Christian faith didn't come about until the late 1500's which was after the Inquisition which started in the 12th century. The witch trials of salem was protestant based though.

1. profile image0

The early church of pentecost chapter 2 is under influence of God. His disciples are the main leaders and the baptism of the Holy Ghost bears them witness. The letters we read today as NT were written by them, inspired of their belief in God.
          Judiac faith was countered by the early church. Christianity is far removed from judaic belief as they were all moses, moses, moses, and law, law, law and peter in acts chapter 15 said "why put a yoke upon the gentiles that neither our fathers or we are able to bear" and circumcision was made non binding. There were a lot of beliefs trying to infiltrate the early church, they battled royally.
          No, my friend, there is a big difference between the early church and what rome decided to bring about or what the judiasers thought best to do.
          The protestant faith is painfully slow at separating from catholicism and getting back to the early church which catholicism did much to hurt.
          I am uncertain about the salem witch trials.. so much for my knowing everything.

Which is why I said was based...not derived from...

And the Gospels...well the authors are to this day still in question...They were just associated to known names to give them more validity...

2. profile image0

dang double.. now you got me all curious about the salem witch trials

1. profile image0

1.     any of the more extreme English Protestants, most of whom were CALVANISTS, who wished to purify the Church of England of most of its ceremony and other aspects that they deemed to be Catholic.
            2.     the established church in England, Catholic in faith and order, but incorporating many principles of the Protestant Reformation and independent of the papacy.
            3      Puritans in new colonial america.

How interesting is that.
            Oddly i have trouble with calvinist belief system.
            lol.

10. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

The same old "he wasn't a real Christian like me" argument.  Sorry Brie, but you cannot decide this for others.  Unless of course, you will grant this same privilege to others concerning your own true Christianity.

I don't believe you would like this, though.  smile

Your snake symbol says it all!

And your attitude about your personal judgement of other Christians "says it all."  And, you are judging me by my avatar and snake smilie?  lol

You  do look a lot like Sarah Palin.  Think like her too, apparently.  You betcha!  lol

1. profile image0

I don't think she was judging you by your avatar. She just said it suited you, she was complementing your choice of befitting avs. We need not look to far to notice that you purposely picked the snake avatar to describe you, so one might say, you judged yourself.
          Bree is correct to stamp on catholicism the same way many stamp on christian science, mormonism and jehovahs witness to name a few main stream cults.
          Sometimes truths are hard to hear, harder to accept and often quickly dismissed when painful. God bless all these people in these channels of belief but they need to come out of these wrong teachings before rightfully gaining the title of christian according to the scriptural pattern. Oh yes, God has patterns and ways, you bet.
          so when you say that she is wrong to judge other christians (recall we are talking about a mass murderer here), but she speaks the truth are you not doubly wrong to judge her, without sufficient evidence to either know or prove that she is wrong? (which she is not smile
          food for thought
          have a nice day

Thanks Brotheryochanan for coming to my defense!

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Sure BO, I merely gave Brie a dose of her own attitude.  Christians do not like to be judged as they judge others.   Take yourself, for instance.  You assume I took my avatar because I identify myself with a snake, or a serpent, if it seems more biblical to you.

But as usual, you are wrong, BO.  I started writing about reptiles because I encounter them frequently and find them fascinating, similar to the way I feel about you christians.

Both have certain scary aspects, but Christians are much more venomous when cornered.  Ergo my avatar.   lol

If Im cranky ,make the lions all made of chocolate lol roarrr..lol

Okay, EK.  One chocolate lion coming right up!  smile

2. profile image0

How odd that is randy because checking  your hubs i found 4 out of 99 on snakes and checking 10 pages of hubtivity i find you are all over the christian forums about 96% of the time.
              so please, do not tell me the snake av does or did not give you a smirk, and that the snakey coiled at the bottom is not intended to smite christians, lol.. smite.. hehe
              If you picked your most popular animal you would be a deer i think smile
              But i am glad you did mention that the snake has something to do with your feelings towards christians.
              No offense intended. I just needed to address the post concerning judging. I don't think brie has an attitude. Honesty can be misinterpreted often. Did jesus have attitude toward the pharisees? I think he had attitude toward their belief system because whenever a pharisee, Nicodemus for example, approached him, he treated Nico like a human deserving respect. I thought you jumped on brie without cause, again no offense.
              thanks randy

No offense taken, BO.  I think we both have communicated here enough to take what the other says with a grain of salt, and humor too, I hope.  smile

But really, I used the snake avatar as a whim because my wife didn't want me to use my real photo here.  I had just written a hub about local snakes and simply used one of the photos for my avatar.

But after I observed how those of your cult seemed to detest the snake, I decided to keep it.  Not to mention, it is a bit harder to gain followers using such an avatar as many people simply do not like snakes.  So, I consider it sort of a personal challenge to myself.

So what's the story on your "corpse" avatar?  There's gotta be one.  lol

1. profile image0

LOL
                  yer a sn(e)aky one smile pun intended

i am dead to self
                  lol

i 'add blocked' your coiled snake hehe

11. MelissaBarrett profile image58

I, as a Christian, declare that fundamentalists are, indeed, not real Christians at all.  As a Christian, I apparently have that right.  May I suggest Judaism for everyone in this thread whose religion I have just displaced?

(That was for you Randy.)

1. profile image0

Hmm, Christianity just got more appealing. Assuming the fundamentalists do as they've been told.

Why would they do what I tell them to do, they don't even do what God tells them to do.

(Sorry, couldn't resist smile )

Not me, Melissa.  I started my own religion of Stoogism, as you well know!  Moe would not take it kindly of you suggesting I switch to one of the more violent religions, such as Christianity or Judaism.  Have you met Moe Jr.?  He loves you, you know. 

Why not switch to the faith of laughter and happiness?  No virgins required.  lol

I'm sorry Randy, I didn't mean to imply anything negative about stoogism.  You of course are exempt from all christian fundamentalists not being christian because you weren't a christian to begin with.  May Moe be with you!

@Sherlock, you are right of course but calling them "zealots" tends to ruffle their feathers.

@Brothery... dang thats a lot of mooting.

Nope, never have been a christian, but I was baptized in a river by a preacher once.  That's okay about the Stoogism slur.  My people are used to it coming from Christians. They don't understand the placidity and lack of self righteousness in our faith.  Go figger.  lol

Phew-did BO moot again?  smile

2. profile image0

did i get the point across? lol

12. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I think all of us now use "fundamentalist" incorrectly.  Literally, a fundamentalist means someone who believes in the fundamentals of a faith.  For a Christian, this will include the Virgin Birth, the Resurrection and the Second Coming of Christ.  Ever since the 9/11 attacks, when the world became used the the term Muslim fundamentalist, fundamentalism is associated with extremism.

13. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

DoubleScorpion
    The point being...that for many "sins" death was the punishment and was condoned by God.
    =====

And exactly who was he talking to when he said this?
    He was talking a small group of people that he had pulled aside from the rest of the worlds population.

Before this he told them to cross the red/reed sea.
      Do I have to go and cross the red sea in order to follow Gods will?

A lot o things have changed sinse then.

14. mikelong profile image61

Brie,

Is the spelling of your name the only comment you can make in response to my statement?

I figured as such...

No, I've just decided that there is no use talking to people who are willfully ignorant.

1. amymarie_5 profile image65
        amymarie_5posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Insulting a person because you can't think of a clever response? How very Christian of you. Lol

15. JSAlison profile image59
    JSAlisonposted 12 years ago

The guys a nut job. Who cares if he is Christian or not?

Christians, apparently.  smile

1. profile image0

Atheists apparently. smile or is that a MOOOOOT point now?

At least you spelled "moot" correctly, BO.  lol  You'd be surprised how many writers  spell it "mute" on these forums.  smile

Exactly

16. mikelong profile image61

Projection is a concern you should address Brie...

Pride cometh before the fall....false pride falls faster..

If I were to say anything else I would be lying...

1. profile image0

To lie, or not to lie: that is the question:
        Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
        The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
        Or to take arms against a sea of troubles.

The graces of God are upheld in His principles

17. mikelong profile image61

I think a reading of this will be insightful....

http://www.mnforsustain.org/images/camp%20of%20the%20saints%20book%20cvr.jpg

18. mikelong profile image61

"...Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast...(1Co 5:7,8)

How many "Christians" here celebrate Passover....or still follow the seventh day sabbath?

None of this was done away with.... The "Apostle" Paul kept the feasts and Ten Commandment bounded Holy Day, and instructed his followers to do the same... Jesus celebrated them until his death, and continued to do so after the crucifixion, until the day he supposedly ascended to heaven...

Ex 12:14
    Mt 26:19-26
    Ex 12:14
    Lk 22:16

"And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the Most High God:" (Ge 14:18) in conjunction with:

"For he testifieth, Thou (Jesus) art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek" (Heb 7:17).

1Co 10:16

There also continue to be firm directives on what "followers of the Lord" can eat...or cannot..."clean and unclean"... Again

These are the simple rules and customs that were set up...that were never abolished...regardless of what most "Christians" commonly believe...

Where is the Biblical directive to stop following the specific customs and laws that are found in both the Old and New Testaments?

Do the Council of Nicea and anti-Semitism trump the "word of God"?

We will begin the discussion of "historical Christianity" here and move forward...

Regardless of the tangent, the loon who carried out the atrocities in Norway..his identity was founded in Christianity...he likened himself to the Knights Templar...who were solely Christian.."defending against Islam"....as the bomber views his actions..

1. profile image0

The passover is communion.

Luke 22:1   Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.
      Luke 22:15   And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
        Luke 22:17   And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
        Luke 22:19   And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
        Luke 22:20   Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

the passover feast became the communion of wine and bread in remembrance of Him.

Jesus celebrated them (the feasts) until his death, and continued to do so after the crucifixion, until the day he ascended to heaven.

the new testament was not operating in full until the day of pentecost 40 days after jesus resurrection. Jesus was under the law until while he lived not after.
      John 16:7   Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away (ascend), the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." This is acts 2, pentecost, the arrival of the holy ghost, the comforter and the begining of joel 2:23.

Where is the Biblical directive to stop following the specific customs and laws that are found in both the Old and New Testaments?

Its called the new testament which means different, new, another. Jesus on the cross is the last sacrifice to end all sacrifices and when jesus said on the cross "it is finished" he was talking about the OT rules, festivals and laws, the whole thing, not just part or select bits.
      ......does eating seafood ruin a persons walk with God today?

Do the Council of Nicea and anti-Semitism trump the "word of God"?
      Only to catholics

The knights templar were catholic not christian.

The keeping of the sabbath day was because that is when the word of God, OT was preached and the people came together then not because this was a stipulation until christ came back.

1. mikelong profile image61
        mikelongposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, because it says "New Testament", the doctrines set down by God, reinforced through Jesus and engrained through the examples of Paul and the apostles following Jesus' death are done away with?

Not so....  Communion as it pertains to Catholocism is a creation of Nicea....  Not the "word of God"...  Which is the vital source?

Where are the proofs of your claim that the words "New Testament" mean "no more feasts"? 

The words "it is finished" can be understood many differnt ways...and the words of Paul and post-death customs of the apostles show that your translation is inadequate... This isn't intended as a slur towards you, however I would like more substantive support for your claim.

As for the seventh day sabbath....your response to my statement does not address what I said...  The laws of God have not changed...if one is following the Catholic-Post Nicea Sunday, then one is following "Pagans" over the Prophets...

Catholics are Christians.... Greek, Armenian, and Russian Orthodox are also Christians...as are Copts..  Protestants can try to usurp the title....but without Catholics there is no Protestantism...there is no "Jesus" at all...  Western/Northern Europeans would still be pagan...

The Knights Templar were Christian, and their legacy inspires Catholics and Protestants alike...perhaps not all, but I would argue most..

NO..the only people who are Christians are those who are BORN AGAIN..Jesus said so!

1. profile image0

Jesus said a lot of things. Funny how the few  that get discussed by  born again Christians are the ones they can use to insist they are better than others.

You can argue until the sun goes down. It doesn't change the fact that you don't get to define the word Christian.

Maybe he said that, but I doubt it.  I really cannot see him viewing your attitude as being Christian, if he did exist.  If so, I'll pass on your cult.

By all means don't take my word for it:

(Joh 3:3)  Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

(Joh 3:4)  Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

(Joh 3:5)  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

(Joh 3:6)  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

You are not passing on "my cult" you are passing up your only access to eternal life.  I hope you change your mind before you die.

Got anything other than an old novel to prove your statements?  I mean, anyone could, and did, write fictional stories about Jr.  I would like something substantial, if you don't mind. 

I simply won't take your word for it, especially with the attitude you have towards others who don't buy in to your cult.

If you do not believe the words of Jesus, no other person will you believe either.

I've never heard Jesus say anything and why in heck would I take YOUR word for anything? I mean, seriously?  What great things have you accomplished which would make me have faith in your opinion, Brie?

3. mikelong profile image61
            mikelongposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If I remember correctly, there is a verse that says "if you break one commandment (referring to the 10 Commandments), you have broken them all"...

If you don't keep the sabbath (the seventh day of the week) as those commandments state, then it doesn't matter how "born again" one presumes to be..

Paul is clear in his directions, as are Jesus and the apostles... One can either follow the example or not...

I choose to disregard all of this personally...

Whether you like it or not, all who follow Jesus are Christians, whether they are Gnostics, Nestorians, Pentacostals or Roman Catholics...

You're claiming otherwise is simply an opinion...nothing more..

The essence of the Bible, both testaments, is time...a calendar was created...and it is still in motion.

The Catholics are not perfect in their interpretation of Christianity...but, in the Western sense, they created it.. Protestantism benefitted (if one can say so) from having something already established to critique...   The church that I belonged to in the past baptized not at birth, but at some point in adulthood when the person is ready and able to make the commitment that such a decision entails...  Yet, we also followed the seventh day sabbath and the feasts of Passover, Tabernacles, and Pentecost..among others.

Again, the Western Church decided to move Saturday to Sunday and remove the traditional feasts out of a desire to separate themselves from the Jews...anti-Semitism...not because they had anything valid in terms of doctrine...

All who claim to follow Jesus (whether they claim him to be the "Christ" or just some special guy, like the Nestorians) are Christian.. 

You don't have to like it...

None of what you said is true.

In your opinion

No, it's a fact.

But whose facts? Not everyone believes what you do...that is a fact...

19. melodyts profile image62
    melodytsposted 12 years ago

It's difficult to presume things out of words only. I think it's better to have his document and check his biography just to determine his real religion. But no matter what religion he has, whether Christian or Muslim  what he did is insanity. Killing of more than 90 people is unforgivable!

20. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

Awesome. I wonder why christians don't apply this logic while blaming islamics or any other person. Personal relationship ? lol.

Well its a bit like  family -

You can pick your friends ,but ya cant pick your family lol

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Guy who failed to save his own life from mere mortals and died more than 500 years ago, maintains personal relationship with people in 2011. Cool. Find someone else for this BS. Thank you.

It was more than 2,000 years ago and Jesus died to save. Thats why its called a sacrifice.

No need to be rude either,when you disagree.

21. kayecandles profile image59
    kayecandlesposted 12 years ago

thanks for the link

Your so welcome.

22. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Is this SOP?  I don't frequent the religious forums, so I don't know.  I think I'll refrain from clicking on a religious thread until I have the forum filter back in action, and I can't see them! lol

Very often, yes! There are some interesting discussions, but rarely do they involve the Christianists, militant atheists, or the like. smile

It's why I generally have this forum blocked. People should be allowed to believe whatever they choose without being 'warned' or ridiculed. I think if more time were given to individual growth, there may be more harmony in the world.. which I know is highly improbable.

I studied the Bible in college along with other religious texts in  World Religion classes. The Bible is an Eastern book, full of orientalisms from Eastern culture. The Western mind doesn't understand much of the Bible because we don't understand their culture, their customs and mannerisms. Even the word hell and pit. I think very often some people choose to forget that Jesus was born in the Middle East.

You know, if it bothers you so much you are free to leave..or maybe start  your own post.

this bother me? no, it's craziness. You seem to believe you have some elitist power over others. Religion is nothing more than beliefs. I won't waste anymore time here.

Aw come on Rebekah, Brie's not serious.  No one can be that dingy in real life, not even her heroine Sarah Palin.  lol  Tell her you aren't serious, Brie!  Just kiddin' right?  smile

Dead serious..seems like you both enjoy the arguing otherwise why haunt these posts.  I mean I don't waste my time on atheists posts...maybe you need something to do!

Okay, so perhaps you are that dingy.  My mistake.  Never mind.lol

They'll come for you one day, Brie.  You know that, don't you?

God is good
                Beer is great
                People are crazy tongue

Very true. People forget that evangelical Christianity is basically a collection of English sects that make their cultural origins clear. It would be near impossible to convince one of them that Jesus didn't speak Middle English and have light brown hair and blue eyes. lol

As a person who was raised with Catholicism but is now Jewish, the interpretation of many Biblical stories, like Adam and Eve, Sodom and Gomorrah, etc are starkly different, I think mostly due to Judaism's linkage to the historical context and the original-language text.

Jesus was so a white man! With blond hair and blue eyes... walking around in the middle east... God granted him AMAZING sunblock.

Right! And I think he must've been a stowaway on the Mayflower, too, because from what I've heard from some evangelicals, the very first place Jesus is going to reappear will be here in America.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image58

yep, its pretty much SOP...

Someone is irrational, someone is going to burn in hell, yada yada yada...

Hey LL, didn't see you til after I posted.  How is my favorite little heathen?

Good! Or, I guess, evil. Which is good. Wow, I need to be careful about what I'm absorbing around here. wink You?

Nasty migraine which I'm medicating the hell out of.  My girlfriend has her bachlorette party this Friday and I really would like to go with writhing in pain from the live band.

I think you are pretty safe from conversion... considering the folks that are trying to do the converting wink

Oh, man - I've never had a migraine but know several that suffer from them. Hope it's over soon!

Yeah, I'm completely safe from conversion at this point. I don't think any of us are going to suddenly think day is night or up is down, no matter how often they repeat it on Fox News. smile

23. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I suggest if you don't like people to disagree with you that you find a nice born again forum, i'm sure they exist.  And before you complain, you are basically telling those who disagree with you to do that...

I see Christians disagreeing with you too. Where should they go?

Don't ask her that, Susan!  lol

24. MelissaBarrett profile image58

Hey LL.  Say I become a Messianic Jew.  Hypothetically speaking, I still get my place in heaven (as granted by the OT), I still get to believe in Christ, and I don't have to have my religion twisted and perverted by zealots.  And I what, have to give up pork and have 8 days of winter holiday instead of one?  Am I missing a downside somewhere?

Are you playing Pascal's Wager in this scenario? If so, you should simultaneously pray to Mecca 5 times a day, avoid eating beef, and consider meditating to cover all possible bases. wink

But, seriously, Messianic Jews is just a variant of Southern Baptists. It was invented by them in the 20th century to try to convert Jews and confuse everyone else, and theologically they're identical to each other. PLENTY of MJ zealots (IMHO Baptists tend to be pretty bad, too).
      http://www.messianicjewishtruth.com/Baptist.html

I personally think whatever you're doing now seems to be working beautifully for you, although I know your post was tongue-in-cheek. smile

25. mikelong profile image61

Brie,

How is nothing that I said true?

Is there not the firm placing of the seventh day in the creation story...the very first week, carried on up to and past Jesus?

Remember, the first Christians...the original Christians were Jews..and they did not change to Sunday worship, stop following the feasts, or start celebrating Christmas or Easter..

The 10 Commandments are pretty clear...

Constantine changed the Saturday to Sunday holy day a year before Nicea...

Do you celebrate Easter? Or rather, the birthday of Eostur?

Three days and three nights in the belly of the earth (Jesus' entombment, corresponding to Jonah's entrapment in the belly of the fish in the Old Testament) turned into a day and a half....

Paganism...  "Thou shalt have none other gods before me"...

That's two commandments down....

Looking at the earliest Christians we know anything about:

“The Ebionite Christians [...] believed that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah sent from the Jewish God to the Jewish people in fulfillment of the Jewish Scriptures. They also believed that to belong to the people of God, one needed to be Jewish. As a result, they insisted on observing the Sabbath, keeping kosher, and circumcising all males. [...] An early source, Irenaeus, also reports that the Ebionites continued to reverence Jerusalem, evidently by praying in its direction during their daily acts of worship.

Their insistence on staying (or becoming) Jewish should not seem especially peculiar from a historical perspective, since Jesus and his disciples were Jewish. But the Ebionites' Jewishness did not endear them to most other Christians, who believed that Jesus allowed them to bypass the requirements of the Law for salvation. The Ebionites, however, maintained that their views were authorized by the original disciples, especially by Peter and Jesus' own brother, James, head of the Jerusalem church after the resurrection.”

"Lost Christianities" by Bart Ehrman (2003)5

Regardless of this exchange...

What I have attempted to show through this dialogue is that there is no true consensus as to what "Christianity" is...

However, everyone else who claims to be one is also a Christian...

I am not a Christian...  Since you claim to be one, you are one...though the Ebionites wouldn't agree with me...

(Rom 3:19)  Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

(Rom 3:20)  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

(Rom 3:21)  But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

(Rom 3:22)  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

(Rom 3:23)  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

(Rom 3:24)  Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

(Rom 3:25)  Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

(Rom 3:26)  To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

(Rom 3:27)  Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

(Rom 3:28)  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

I'm curious to know what religious cult you belong to, Brie.  Care to enlighten us?  Fundamentalist for sure. As in "everyone's goin' to hell but those who think like me" fundamentalists.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)