Who do want to be the next President of the USA and why?

1. wiserworld profile image93
    wiserworldposted 24 months ago

Who do want to be the next President of the USA and why?

2. Ken Burgess profile image89
    Ken Burgessposted 24 months ago

I think Paul Ryan might make a good President, I really don't know, at my age it is really hard to find someone that makes me say... that's the guy (or gal), he is so articulate, intelligent, experienced and dedicated to getting the job done right that I HAVE To vote for him.

We haven't had good choices since Bush/Perot/Clinton we really haven't. Bush Jr. was not world leader material, if it wasn't for Cheney, Rumsfeld (a jerk btw), Powell and others being the power behind the man, the country could have ended up even worse off than it ended up... which was pretty damned bad all things considered.

And then to follow him up with Obama, the damage Obama has done won't be felt until after he is out of office... much like we didn't feel the damage that was done during Clinton's administration until Bush's Admin... the primary being the Mortgage Crisis in '07 that nearly took down the world economy due to the Community ReInvestment Act of 94.

Obama won't get credit for the Arab Spring, and the continuing degradation of the Middle East... but he most surely is the primary figure responsible for it.  He won't get credit for our economic collapse which will occur in the not to distant future ahead... but his tripling of our National Debt while tripling the people in this country on Welfare and creating the abomination Obamacare, etc. etc. will be the primary causes of it.

We need John F'n Wayne and John F'n Kennedy and Ronald Reagan all rolled into one to be our next President... only someone more qualified than ANY candidate running right now could handle the 4 years to come.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 24 months ago

Someone like the Dalai Lama.  A non-political person who really cares about the world and ALL its people - and maybe all its Life - instead of a person who is a part of an 'us and them' organization, and is motivated by narrow self-interest, vanity, and a craving for power.

As it is, even the best political leaders can't think outside of their own Nations interests.   Take the late, John F. Kennedy.  "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."  Had he substituted the word, WORLD, for country, he'd have gone up much further in my estimation.  But no, he could not comprehend anything bigger than being a member of a particular nation.

We've got to move beyond that.   After all, we're all living on the same little blue ball which is only 25,000 miles in circumference in a universe which, apparently is illimitable.   If we don't all get together and look after one another and the planet on which we all live, we're going to find things get a lot worse before they get better...if they do get better...

working