Are you For Abortion or Against it and why? Do women really have a choice in thi

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. mahsa setareh profile image67
    mahsa setarehposted 8 years ago

Are you For Abortion or Against it and why? Do women really have a choice in this situation?

There are people who are for and against abortion..I want to know why you are against it and why are you for it?... Do we as women REALLY (men are allowed to answer also) have the right to choose if we want to keep the child or not? Should it only be up to the lady to decide or should she also ask her partner?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12902785_f260.jpg

2. Aime F profile image69
    Aime Fposted 8 years ago

I wouldn't say I'm *for* abortion, that makes it sound like I'm encouraging women to get abortions when really I think it should be a last resort (other methods of contraception failed, circumstances out of a woman's control, etc.).

But I am definitely pro-choice.  Even in situations that I may not personally feel warrant an abortion, my personal feelings shouldn't dictate what someone else chooses to do with their own life.  Ultimately I just see snapshots of other people's lives, perhaps only things they want others to see, and a majority of the time I can never possibly know what  they're going through.  I think we owe it to women to let them decide for themselves what the most responsible and appropriate decision is under their own circumstances.  Not everyone is going to get it 'right', but it's better than telling women that the moment they get pregnant they lose authority over their own bodies.  And even if a woman gives the baby up for adoption, if she was forced to continue a pregnancy when she didn't want to, she has lost the complete control of her body and that will never go away.  It sets a nasty precedent. 

The final choice will always be up to the woman because, again, what kind of message are we sending if a man can explicitly tell a woman what to do with her body against her will?  I think ideally, however (under 'normal' circumstances), the decision would involve a discussion with the man.  How much weight the man's opinion holds in that discussion will vary A LOT depending on the people, the situation, the relationship status, etc.

1. ElvisaM profile image75
      ElvisaMposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree!

2. Michaela Osiecki profile image69
      Michaela Osieckiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, no one is FOR abortion. In an ideal world, we all agree that it would be great if no one was in the position to need one.

3. Austinstar profile image84
    Austinstarposted 8 years ago

Nobody is "for" abortions. We are "for" the right of women to have a child or not have a child via the use of her personal reproductive organs.Her body, her decision!
    Men can choose to freeze their sperm, then get a vasectomy so no unwanted pregnancies can occur.
    Women can choose from many methods of birth control,, but if the method fails, which is really rare, the woman should be able to choose between bringing an unwanted child to term or getting an abortion.
    Abortions are also valid to protect the health of the woman and/or a genetically dysfunctional fetus (where the baby has no chance of being a functional human.
    Abortions should also be available in cases of rape. No woman should be forced to have the child of a rapist.
    Adoption is the act of asking strangers to parent an unwanted child. Although some are willing be adoptive parents, there are not enough of these people to adopt the growing issue of unwanted children.
    Better birth control is the solution to unwanted abortions. If more people would campaign for better birth control, there would be very little need for abortions, if any need at all.
    So, get your priorities straight, and protect the rights of women!

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

All excellent answers.  Austinstar's answer should be VOTED THE BEST!!!!

2. Austinstar profile image84
      Austinstarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Grace, you are the best! I wish we lived close to each other, I just know we would be good friends.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
    bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years ago

Roe v Wade failed because the SC failed or chose not to make judicial notice of when life begins.

Notwithstanding that failure, the decision put the state in the decision to abort based on the trimester. The later the trimester the more the interest of the state.

I think that 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions need to be more of necessity than mere choice by the mother. This would include emergency situations affecting the health of the mother and the baby.

Abortions based on rape should be done as soon after the rape, and definitely not in the third trimester.

Abortions shouldn't be done as the day after contraception later than the 1st trimester.

What a lot of people ignore is that it took two people to conceive, and in all cases except rape the father should have some input. The first choice that the woman had, again except in cases of rape, was to make a decision to conceive or not conceive.

So the quicker in time that an abortion can be done, the easier it is to justify. It would be clearer if we defined the time life begins. In which case, that would be the defining criteria to allow an abortion.

Again, the exception is medical issues.

5. profile image53
    Celashcoleposted 8 years ago

Well, I'm not against it nor for it since it is the woman's right to have an abortion or not, considering it is her body that the child is being in. The woman should also ask her partner's decision, as he is the reason as to why you have a child growing inside of you. But even though, the partner should get a say of the woman getting an abortion, it should be the woman who should get the final say.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)