jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

The presidential campaign is sans issues, so based purely on personality, can yo

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

The presidential campaign is sans issues, so based purely on personality, can you rate them?

Can you rate the personality of all the candidates from both parties from highest to lowest, and why you made your ratings.
    Trump, -- Interesting to listen to
    Sanders, -- also interesting to listen to
    Rubio, --Whiner
    Clinton-Cruz -- Irritating to listen to because they are doom and gloom.

What is your list look like?

2. billybuc profile image87
    billybucposted 2 years ago

You're so good about reading my hubs, I thought I'd just stop by and say hello.  No politics for me, thank you very much. smile  I'm completely fed up with the entire system.

bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

If I could write novels, then I would be doing that instead of this. lol
      Thanks for the visit

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

The main issues in this election are:
    Democrats - amnesty and open borders
    Republicans - no amnesty (except Rubio), shut down borders

Democrats - same old standards for Hillary, more protectionism and unionism for Sanders
    Republicans - more balanced trade with China and Japan where they currently get free access to our markets but put tarrifs on our goods (Trump, Cruz), same old same old (Rubio)

4. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

I have never been a fan of trump going way back. I liked his book on deal making. This campaign leaves me guessing other than he has a sect of the populous similar to Sanders. Between all four I listen to those two with an attentive ear. The others are the same as yesteryear while I make no judgement call other than same ol' same ol' IMO.

Two times when I did not have a feeling 'and' enough positive thought for candidate I did a write in. I ponder that today maybe as an action of rebellion while saying "What is going on people". Of course today I tend to look at it with more of a selfish view knowing they impact my status today trying to survive while realize that in fact affects my family and friends too.

bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

My bad, I was looking for a list based purely on personality, sans issues. Not issues. Thanks

2. tsmog profile image82
      tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I relate their personalities to the issues. Oopps! Short answer I would go Sanders → Cruz → Rubio or Trump → Clinton with 'Personality' that 'I' have seen. Obviously others watch them more than I care to.

5. Ken Burgess profile image90
    Ken Burgessposted 2 years ago

Trump #1 - anti-Washington/establishment candidate AND he speaks about the issues that I truly believe will change our economy and hence the nation for the better (Trade imbalance, millions of illegal aliens and no borders, taxation, creating jobs).

His personality is brash, bold, bombastic, non-apologetic and exactly what we need as President... someone who will not bow to a foreign leader, will not travel the world apologizing for America, and not go hobnobbing with the worst dictators in the world.

And then there is everyone else... all part of the establishment, all part of Washington politics, doesn't matter where they stand on the issues they are all responsible for the logjam the terrible trade agreements and Trillions in national debt... they are all backed by one lobbyist or another, Wallst, etc.  ... except for Bernie who wants to take the country in a direction that would only end in our total economic collapse that much faster.