jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

A students, Where are you now and what are you doing in life?

1. Dwight Phoenix profile image79
    Dwight Phoenixposted 2 years ago

A students, Where are you now and what are you doing in life?

Growing up through kindergarten to high school and then college, my idea of getting straight A(s) have completely changed. I now see that sometimes it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE!

When I was younger I'd try hard to follow what I saw on TV: Kids in movies and cartoons getting straight A(s), and I have to admit that I sorta endorse this because it helped me to at least be a B+ student in my earlier educational life. But Growing older I started to believe more and more that this was just a Myth.

SOME TEACHERS/LECTURES JUST DON'T GIVE A(s)!

BUT If you're real and out there where are U NOW??

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12933241_f260.jpg

2. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 2 years ago

I was a student once, and very bright. If you are, chances are sooner or later you will get a good grade, although you're right as teachers and their perceptions of excellent work vary. In this 21st Century, presentation is a plus, as well as hand-writing and 'going the extra mile' like a related piece of artwork.

I would encourage my child to follow his/her star. We get to know what we are good at quite soon, and this may not be studies. Some can be quite practical, in fact. My son is a genius with I-pads and I-phones. He just is. Find your niche, as it may be better than endless hours of study. Pray over it, Dwight.

P.S. I did a Hub for you, I believe. Probably my last one. Look for it.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12766280_f260.jpg

A students do have a great head start in life.  A students have better chances of obtaining scholarships & getting into a top tier high school & college/university.  They also have more opportunities to continue their post-tertiary education at graduate school levels.   

Employers are more likely to hire A students because they have demonstrated a high level of engagement & work ethic.  Studies have proven that A students are at an advantage when it comes to obtaining more lucrative jobs.   A students are also selected into fast track careers in the corporate sector.   

A students have the potential & do become inordinately successful in life.  The adage that A students work for C students is mostly hyperbolic conjecture.  C students for the most part will NEVER obtain the success levels that A students achieve.   C students only attain a modicum level of success if that.   A students have the educational & socioeconomic  advantages all around.

1. Dwight Phoenix profile image79
      Dwight Phoenixposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Great Answer. But were you an A student?

working