jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Has anyone heard of Social Autopsy?

1. LoliHey profile image56
    LoliHeyposted 22 months ago

Has anyone heard of Social Autopsy?

Google it if you haven't.  They haven't officially launched yet (and hopefully never will).  What are your thoughts about it?  Do you think it is a good idea?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image63
    Tusitala Tomposted 22 months ago

Sounds like another term for the study of History.  After all, the past is dead and gone.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Good one there, Tom!

3. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 22 months ago

"Social Autopsy" would be a good name for a hardcore punk or death metal band....

4. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 22 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12728194_f260.jpg

Nope, can't say I have.   I am not into punk bands at all.  I am into old school, old time soul music like Aretha Franklin, Ashford & Simpson,  Earth, Wind & Fire, The Temptations, Kool & the Gang, Sly & the Family Stone, Fifth Dimension, & other old school groups & individuals. 

P.S. Would like to add that many of these modern punk groups need an autopsy if you know what I mean.  Some may need a social autopsy there......(laughing out loud).

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 22 months ago

The social autopsy that I found on the net was about students telling the teacher what they did wrong, etc.

This is definitely not something that we should put in the hands of teachers, as they are not trained, or qualified to do this type of social manipulation. Their job is to teach, not become social workers, or any other relm outside of their teaching credentials.

A misdiagnosis or evaluation of a student can miss them up for life.
    It is bad enough that teachers tell students how to and who they should vote for when they grow up.

Sounds like something from the far left, trying to enlarge on PC.

6. Say Yes To Life profile image78
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 20 months ago

I read about it:
    http://www.parentprojectmd.org/site/Doc … ocID=12717
    It sounds like a great program!  So many kids aren't being taught social skills nowadays.  Some are bullied because they don't know how to handle themselves.  I wish this was around when I was a kid!

working