jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Can HubPages Create a God Filter?

1. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 22 months ago

Can HubPages Create a God Filter?

I am tired of logging into HubPages and seeing endless questions about the existence or denial of existence of God.  Can HubPages do us a favor and create a God filter.  These debates have been going on for 1,000s of years.  Do we really need to see them every day here at HubPages?

2. Ericdierker profile image55
    Ericdierkerposted 22 months ago

Interesting concept. I seem to be able to not notice them by adjusting my own preferences of notification and mentally filtering the rest. How do you just log on and get inundated? I am serious here. I don't get all that stuff unless I specifically ask for it.
    Is there someplace you log on and just get all the stuff on religion and philosophy even though you don't want it?

Rock_njposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I have it set to the most popular questions and they are almost always topics concerning religion.  I guess I should look at changing my preferences.

2. Ericdierker profile image55
      Ericdierkerposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I did not see that preference. Now I get it. thanks

3. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 22 months agoin reply to this

John....Good Morning!  BEST Question~Suggestion ever posted in my 5 yrs here. I sincerely hope HP can & will do something about what you mention!  What an enormous overall improvement it would make.  Thanks for your common sense.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 22 months ago

What a wonderful thing that would be. Get on it HubPages!!

4. Rupert Taylor profile image100
    Rupert Taylorposted 22 months ago

I couldn't agree more. I'm relatively new to HubPages and if there's one thing that annoys me above all others it's the gargantuan quantity of verbiage that is wasted on god questions. It smothers intelligent discourse about important topics. Surely, there are plenty of places for those who want to discuss their faiths that are dedicated to that topic.

5. cobrien profile image73
    cobrienposted 22 months ago

Unfortunately for you, and fortunately for me, the US constitution allows free speech and freedom of religion, so suck it up or leave America.
    The reason people ask so many questions about God is because there is so much poverty in this world, and hatred, violence, and lack of morals that weren't so bad when the majority of people practiced some type of religion. The majority of people believe in some type of deity and hope for the peace, comfort and hope offered by religion. Atheists feel threatened by the spiritual peace religious people experience, and they want it even though they don't understand it. People are looking for hope in a world that feels lost.
    What is your problem with that?

Rock_njposted 22 months agoin reply to this

They are free to discuss God until the cows come home.  What I am asking for is a way to ignore these debates.  Of course they have freedom of speech in the US and as a basic right, but that doesn't mean that everyone has to listen to them speak.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 22 months agoin reply to this

A+ answer. cobrien.  Don't like the content of questions, just don't respond.  People will ask questions. They are FREE to do so!

working