jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What's behind Bernie's decision not to bash Mrs. C on her emails and violating

1. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 22 months ago

What's behind Bernie's decision not to bash Mrs. C on her emails and violating  Federal Records Act?

Could it be that Senator Sanders has himself used a private server for official Senate business and may have also violated the Federal Records Act?  There must be a very real reason he has shunned using the best potential weapons in what otherwise appears his sincere desire to secure the nomination for himself!

2. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 22 months ago

If it isn't that, it probably is something just as heinous (heinous, really?). From what I've heard, most of the Washington politicians from time to time do "the people's business" on private email servers, so that's something that most of them don't want looked into too heavily. Remember the old saying "point a finger at me and you have three pointing back at you"?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Bernie CAN'T AFFORD to criticize Hillary.  His wife is involved in a fraudulent scandal which caused Burlington College to close.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 22 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12154512_f260.jpg

Bernie Sanders is in trouble himself.  His wife was involved in a fraudulent scandal at Burlington College in Vermont which caused the college to go into debt & close.  Remember the saying that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.   If Bernie Sanders calls out Hillary on her e-mails, it would be analogous to the pot calling the kettle black.  Oh the scandals brewing regarding both Hillary & Bernie-CORRUPTION to the umpteenth degree I say!

1. MizBejabbers profile image90
      MizBejabbersposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Wow! I didn't know that. But the presumptive GOP nominee, Trump, is facing a lawsuit over a scandal concerning Trump University. Do you remember the old tale about why dogs sniff tails?

4. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 22 months ago

Perhaps Sanders isn't bringing up Clinton's email issues because they're just not important to the campaign, or to anyone paying attention to the real problems facing the country. He's more interested in talking about their differences on how to address issues like health care, education costs, and crumbling infrastructure.

I don't care about Hillary's emails, and I think Sanders is right in not making them a campaign issue. The FBI is investigating, to determine if criminal activity occurred in connection with the email setup. Dragging an active investigation into the middle of a campaign could easily blow up in his face if it's determined that no illegal activity occurred.

The candidates should stick to the issues.

5. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 22 months ago

He's still hoping he might get the nomination.  Keeping his mouth shut might help.

6. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 22 months ago

I see several reasons why, and more than one can be true at once:

1. May not want to do so in case other people he knows are indicted for stripping classification notices off messages before sending them, knowingly sending confidential info to groups for political gain and providing info in exchange for bribes. While I doubt he's involved, some of his peers could be, so he's silent for their sake.
    2. He may have been advised NOT to comment on a pending investigation by legal advisers, especially if he's President when charges finally go down or trials are ongoing.
    3. He thinks he has plenty of other topics that are less complicated to bash her on.
    4. He doesn't think it was bad.
    5. Let Trump hammer her for it. It pulls Hillary down to allow Sanders to win, while he doesn't have to enter the fray. That makes him look like the cleaner candidate.

7. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 22 months ago

I'd say he's trying to pull the moral high ground. Perhaps a self-marketing act of "Look, I'm above attacking her on this issue. Look at me. Where are you going? Look at me being a good person!"

He might have had the concept of being a vice president as well depending on how the winds went. Burning a bridge is a poor political decision when that bridge could get you in the white house through a back door after all.

working