With Republicans apparently "going down" is it time to create "The American Part

1. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 21 months ago

With Republicans apparently "going down" is it time to create "The American Party"?  I think so.

Yes, an alternative is Libertarian Gov. Cary Johnson, but the Republicans have proven that many Americans are so fed up with the current system of Democrats and Republicans in a dysfunctional government, that they will rally around an outsider. Fresh ideas are lacking, Bernie tried giving away the kitchen sink to get nominated and young voters rallied from the Democrat side.  A fresh party with fresh ideas and old values would do well.  Why not "The American Party"?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 21 months ago

We can keep the two parties and add a really competitive third party, as opposed to the several dozen independent parties of today.
    The American Party is a good name.
    What needs to happen is that Loyal Party Voters need to become Independent party voters, and vote for their best candidate among the parties.

The current system is two parties with diametrically opposed goals, and neither party really listens to their voters except to get their vote.

A third party where voters will actually vote as strongly as they do for the D and R would necessitate a change in the US political paradigm.

The odd number would reduce gridlock, and encourage compromise. Something we haven't seen in the current system.

For example
    Take the senate
    2 senators for each state, was created when the US has two million people and 13 states. Today 50 states and 350 million people and the system has been failing for a while.
    The flaw is that a state can be run by one party, and that means that the voters of the other party are not represented.

Change the system.
    Three senators for each state.
    1(D)  1(R) and 1(I) and that is fixed.
    The D and the R will need to convince the I that for anything that D and R are opposed, and today causes gridlock.