jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Post one act of kindness that you have committed in the past 6 months.

1. MelangeSpace1 profile image47
    MelangeSpace1posted 21 months ago

Post one act of kindness that you have committed in the past 6 months.

Social experiment, checking in on the nature of people in this day and age........

2. Johnny James A profile image74
    Johnny James Aposted 21 months ago

I did not do this, but I would like to mention an act of kindness done to my mother.  She was shopping for an outfit for an award ceremony and was a bit self-conscious about how she looked as she was getting older.  I was with her as she was shopping for an outfit and told her many times she looked great.  However, she replied "Oh you are just saying that because you are my son."  Just then another man, who must have been in his late 80s and overheard our conversation,came walking by and whistled at my 60+ year old mother and said if "I was 40 years younger I would sweep you little young thing off your feet."  Now yes, he was probably just saying it to cheer my mother up, and exaggerated the 40 year younger line to make my mother think he thought she was 40 something.  However, he made her day and she felt so good. Sometimes a kind word is all that is needed. I know people are so scared to make comments on people's looks due to society's PC nature. However, sometimes it is nice.

1. MelangeSpace1 profile image47
      MelangeSpace1posted 21 months agoin reply to this

This is so sweet. Made my day smile

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 21 months ago

Sent several dozen books to Operation Paperback, which sends books to soldiers and/or their families.

working