jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

To atheists/agnostics out there, what do you think of the DNC Chairperson oustin

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 20 months ago

To atheists/agnostics out there, what do you think of the DNC Chairperson ousting Bernie Sanders

out of the presidential election because of his atheism?

2. lovemychris profile image60
    lovemychrisposted 20 months ago

Good idea. You see what the Republican smears machine did w Obama and muslimism. Just imagine what they would do to an atheist. The purpose here Is to win an election, is it not? You are fighting Lee Atwater types. You see how well being decent and honorable worked out for dukakis. And look how they treat a woman....senator. Sec of state, been all around the world, knows world leaders.....and they say she's not qualified. I'd say to the Republican media that is vast and powerful, an atheists is a step lower even than a woman.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
      bradmasterOCcalposted 20 months agoin reply to this

What about how the democrats treat Sarah Palin?

2. lovemychris profile image60
      lovemychrisposted 20 months agoin reply to this

She deserves everything she gets. She is the queen of mean.

3. grand old lady profile image86
      grand old ladyposted 19 months agoin reply to this

@brad, her interview with Katie Couric kind of  killed her.

3. Au fait profile image93
    Au faitposted 20 months ago

I don't want to rain on your parade, but the Democratic Party was considering casting Bernie as an atheist in order to make him less desirable to most voters.  Bernie is not an atheist.

Also, let me apologize for crashing your party, because I am not an atheist either, and you requested responses from only atheists and agnostics.  But I did think it was important that you have the facts of this situation.

Reference:  "Democratic National Committee had actively discussed various strategies to defeat Sanders, including appearing to invoke his Jewish heritage, portraying him as an atheist . . . ," (CNN).
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/26/opinions/ … index.html

2 days ago - "First of all, I am not an atheist," Sanders said on CNN's “State of the Union.” ....
    Watch the video and hear Sanders say it for himself.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre … an-atheist

Meaning no disrespect, but it never hurts to get the facts.