jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

According to the New York Post on November 10th, 2016 & FOX News yesterday, 36 y

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 15 months ago

According to the New York Post on November 10th, 2016 & FOX News yesterday, 36 year old

Chelsea Clinton is being groomed to run for Congress representing New York, what is YOUR ASSESSMENT of this?  Will Ms. Clinton make a good congressperson?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8167100_f260.jpg

2. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 15 months ago

No, she would not make a good rep, but she will win easily in NYC. I doubt she has a grasp of the City's politics in any detail. Being a House Rep. is all about the little things (small businesses, streets, etc.).  I seriously doubt she dwells on any of that.  My hometown does not seem to care about qualifications, just a "D" next to your name makes it all go away.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 15 months agoin reply to this

New York is a Democratic state in the majority, especially in Manhattan but in outlying boroughs such as Brooklyn, Queens, & Staten Island, there are some Republican enclaves.

3. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 15 months ago

This idea is so elitist it is a validation of everything Trump supporters have said.
    Someone who aside from sitting on corporate boards (likely bribes to her family) and managing part of the family foundation (cronyism and corruption) has NO experience is the last one who should be nominated for anything.
    Instead, the Democrats say "the Clintons are so famous, so good, we have to have the only one left in office!"
    We are a democracy, not an aristocracy, and jumping so fast to the younger Clinton means the Democrats are truly aristocratic elitists.

working