jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think Trump's legacy as president will be?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 13 months ago

What do you think Trump's legacy as president will be?

Every president tries to leave a legacy - what legacy will Trump leave? Good or bad?

2. TessSchlesinger profile image94
    TessSchlesingerposted 13 months ago

I think the real question here would be if there is a world left at the end of a Trump presidency. He is stark raving mad and needs to be treated for mental illness. The only reason I can think that the 60 million people who voted for me don't know this is because they're unaware of how to recognize mental illness.

So what will his legacy be?

1. Moved the USA from a relatively free country to a police state. He needs to punish anyone who says that he isn't a winner.
    2. Used a nuclear warhead on a friendly nation because the leading diplomat said he had a grey hair.
    3. Bankrupted the country when it lost the Reserve Currency which comes up for review in 2020. The Reserve Currency is the only reason why America has been so strong financially. When that goes, her currency isn't going to be worth much. The Reserve Currency will probably go to China.
    4. He will continually release classified information that the Intelligence service gives to him, passing it on to Putin.

His legacy, if he hasn't destroyed us all, will be short lived I hope. Someone has got to take this man out of office.

1. Sharlee01 profile image89
      Sharlee01posted 13 months agoin reply to this

The country is in a mess... President Trump is coming into a mess he did not create. Please keep that in mind. We will be luck if we make it through the year without North Korea nuking us! This is will be added to Obama's legacy.

3. blueheron profile image96
    blueheronposted 13 months ago

I think what most Trump supporters hope for is a reduction in federal government over-reach. I myself would like to see the size of the federal government reduced by about 99%, mainly through closing most of the large government departments, such as the Department of Education, Department of Agriculture, the FDA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and many others.

Most of us would like to see the criminals in DC prosecuted (including but not limited to Hillary Clinton), along with the Wall Street and banking fraudsters--whom Eric Holder declined to pursue during his tenure as Attorney General.

We now have a reasonable expectation the Obamacare will be repealed, but many of us would like to see the health care and Big Pharma industries stripped of their immunity from antitrust legislation, and all government intrusion, monopoly, and subsidy removed from health care, with a return to a free-market system. And while he's at it, I'd like to see Trump do away with all government intrusion, monopoly, and subsidy in all areas of business and finance.

Many of us would like to see anti-trust suits against the mainstream media. (Six corporations control the MSM in the US--and probably all six of them are controlled by essentially the same people).

We'd like to see an end to illegal immigration, and the deportation of illegals, and an end to admitting Muslims--while preferably returning those who are already here to their place of origin--or, really, anywhere but here.

We hope for peaceful and mutually beneficial relations with Russia, which the current administration has been continuously trying to provoke into war. We would also like to see NAFTA repealed or at least renegotiated, and trade relations with China and other countries restructured in a manner consistent with US interests.

These are pretty tall orders, and many of them can't be accomplished in 4-8 years, but a start would be good.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 13 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12741324_f260.jpg

Wouldn't this question be better asked after Trump gets into the WH, adn after his first 100 days in office. We can ask about Obama's legacy because he is done, but Trump hasn't even started.

5. Sharlee01 profile image89
    Sharlee01posted 13 months ago

I actually think he will have one of the best legacy's in history. He has already shown he is working daily to keep jobs here, and that his door is open to all. This impresses me. I can't wait until he is sworn in. I predict he will make changes quickly, and I think he will blow Washington wide open in regards to the corruption. It will e a bumpy ride.... I for one can't wait.

working