Is trump getting a taste of his own medicine?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 7 years ago

Is trump getting a taste of his own medicine?

As bad as the fake news published lately by Buzzfeed and CNN, it is ironic how Trump now denounce this while during the primaries, he did the same thing to his opponents.
    I am calling it as I see it. Trump has some culpability here in creating and participating in this type of innuendos to damage his opponents.

2. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61
    Dont Taze Me Broposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13359281_f260.jpg

Great point Jack. Trump, has never been seen by anyone as a tower of morality and no one I know has said he was. He has been a businessman all his life, focused on getting the job done and along with that mentality comes compromising principle to get the job done. That is what is happening with Buzzfeed now, their job to discredit Trump...anyway they can.

But there is a difference. Buzzfeed and CNN are supposed to be ruled by journalistic principles. Other media outlets refused to run their stories because the stories could not be authenticated, yet Buzzfeed and CNN ran them knowing they are probably not true. That is the definition of fake news and to any discerning observer it is no different than what Dan Rather did to George Bush that ended Rather's career.

Trump in the past on the other hand, though I don't approve of things he has said in this vane, pointed to other stories already in the "news", although they were probably "fake news". He didn't create them or publish them like when he brought up a story that recently appeared in the National Enquirer. The story wasn't Trump's, he just brought up what was published by the National Enquirer. There is a big difference between citing something in the news no matter how ludicrous it may be and actually creating and publishing fake news which is what Buzzfeed and CNN are doing.

A taste of his own medicine? Not exactly but you could say that. However just like everything else he has done that would have ended any other Republican's career, this will only strengthen his base and the reason is people who voted for Trump weren't looking for political correctness or feigned perfection. They want change, conservative Republican policies and someone who can get that job done - They know Trump is the man who will do it and already it's been all the media who has had to eat crow, not Trump.

1. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Very good analysis. I just hope and pray that Trump don't self destruct. He has plenty of enemies trying to take him down. He can start by making some apologies to (Cruz, Rubio, Carson..). He won the GOP nomination underhanded in my opinion.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Jack,I can't agree with you on this question.
      There is a giant magnitude of difference between what Trump did during the election, and what HRC, DNC, MSM, loser Republicans, and people like McCain. The Republicans won in Congress and in the State gov

3. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I know that and I wrote about it. However, does Trump have some responsibility to keep the debate and dialog on a higher plain. This name calling and fake stories seems so childish. I know you can't argue with success...

4. peoplepower73 profile image90
      peoplepower73posted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you would have watched Anderson Cooper and Kellyann Conway on CNN last night, you would understand CNN was not connected to Buzz Feed's fake news in any way..  Kellyann tried to make the connection, but was unsuccessful with Cooper's questioning.

5. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 7 years agoin reply to this

PP tries hard to defend the indefensible all the time to the extent he will delete your comment if it unquestionably refutes his position or he ignores it &responds with an answer that has nothing to do with your comment,time to move on.

6. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Jack
      It is fake news, and CNN spent $400 backing buzzfeed, so they let buzzfeed take the hit,  I watched some of the CNN on this and they kept repeating the headlines, just because they didn't open the kimono doesn't mean they were not behind buzzfd

7. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Of course PP didn't mention CNN reported claims the Russians recorded Trump watching Russian prostitutes urinate on each other in a Moscow hotel room previously occupied by President & Mrs. Barack Obama then removed it fast as they could.

8. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

A whole lot of this seems to me like the car wreck on the side of the road no one wants to see but traffic is jammed because people slow down to look. Trump skillfully uses such things, he knows you will slow down and look. Not cause but capitalising

3. tamarawilhite profile image85
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

The mainstream media and political left has engaged in censorship and outright assault on dissidents for years. The problem is the left that thinks no one else has a right to speak and that it is moral to threaten harm on people who express contrary views, along with trying to destroy people's lives (harassing family and friends of someone who posts a politically incorrect tweet or even something taken out of context).

Trump supporter BLOCKED by Facebook for complaining about site's censorship of right-wing activists
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … rship.html

WikiLeaks Makes DNC Look Bad - Banned on Facebook and Shadowbanned on Twitter
    http://investmentwatchblog.com/twitter- … ebook-now/

It’s not only Germany that covers up mass sex attacks by migrant men... Sweden’s record is shameful
    http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/01/its- … -shameful/

Woman 'gang-raped in refugee camp ordered to stay SILENT by activists'
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/610 … entimiglia

Apple, Twitter, Google, Instagram collude to defeat Trump
    http://observer.com/2016/08/tech-compan … eat-trump/

It is liberal collusion to suppress true stories and report exaggerated or fake news about conservatives along with collaboration and active support of violent liberals that is a threat to democracy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)