jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Obama is the first two term president to be at war every day in office. Is that

1. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 15 months ago

Obama is the first two term president to be at war every day in office. Is that true? Opinions?

If I recall in March of his first term he got a Nobel Peace Prize. I think it fair to say he inherited conflicts. And that he should get a four year pass. But not for the last four years. I am not a peace at any cost person. But this is an amazing fact.

2. blueheron profile image97
    blueheronposted 15 months ago

Yes, that's is indeed the case. And currently the liberal (and neocon) establishment is hell-bent on inciting conflict with Russia, based on the customary fact-free narratives, peppered with the customary blatant lies.

Ericdierkerposted 15 months agoin reply to this

It is just one of those facts that you don't think about. But when you do it kind of really makes you think. I wonder about the efficacy of boots on the ground to counter terrorism.

3. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 15 months ago

Yes, especially considering the joint resolution for War on Terror. That opens Pandora Box for when that will end.

George W. Bush said to congress and the American people, "Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated."

Tim, I guess sometimes it is the persistence of your enemy that dictates your persistence.

2. tsmog profile image81
      tsmogposted 15 months agoin reply to this

That makes good sense Eric. I once read Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'. Some quotes I looked up; "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” & “The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.” I think I will read it again.

4. Mel Carriere profile image94
    Mel Carriereposted 15 months ago

I'm not the world's biggest Obama fan, to say the least, but let's give credit where credit is due and place blame where it belongs.  The conflicts he inherited he could not easily extricate us from.  I think he was wise for not jumping into Syria, because that would have been yet another war we would be stuck in forever.  We have this silly American macho thing that makes us think we should police the world, or that we have to export democracy.  We don't have to, nor should we, it just makes people everywhere hate us.  Also, as Vietnam should have taught us, we never win those wars.  Although there are plenty of other sins of commission or omission I pin on this man, I give him a pass on this particular issue.

Mel, I don't get security briefings so I have really no basis to judge this little morsel of info fact. You are very right on Syria - Good for BHO. I think 8 years is plenty of time. We got the hell out of VN in about 4 months. Nixon.

working