jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Should America leave and stop funding the corrupt United Nations?

1. RJ Schwartz profile image93
    RJ Schwartzposted 13 months ago

Should America leave and stop funding the corrupt United Nations?

The US funds nearly 25% of the UN yet our influence is limited.  The body has global goals that do not always align with our goals as a nation.  Isn't is time to leave the globalists to their own destructive ways without being involved?  In reality, the UN is bloated with bureaucracy and has lost its way.  Should we exit or stay and why?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13360797_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 13 months ago

Other than willingly taking our money, I can't think of a single time the UN has done anything beneficial to our country.

My vote is to get out and stay out, and put our money to better use.

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 13 months agoin reply to this

How about start a new UN The united nations of democratic republic nations.To get in all dictatorships need to do is become real democratic republics like the rest of the civilized world.Otherwise they can create their ownUNof dictatorships.

2. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Now that is an outstanding idea.

3. RJ Schwartz profile image93
      RJ Schwartzposted 13 months agoin reply to this

It would certainly force the world to choose sides.

3. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 13 months ago

The concept of the United Nations is sound, yet it has been abused over the years to favor some countries above others and not do what it was originally created about. I believe the United States should remain as a presence and not fund as much as it has. Hold others accountable for their actions or strongly protest in future events and make sure that other countries know we will not tolerate abusive actions. The United States has a big influence and we should use it when appropriate. A strong presence is needed and to let others know that we are watching every move across the world and will not allow wrongful acts without their being accountable and subject to punishment, such as sanctions or other restricted provisions, as seen justly deserved by the majority..

Good answer - I agree that the institution has been abused

4. profile image57
    Kara belleposted 13 months ago

Yes we should obviously cut ties with the UN.

The goal for them ultimately is a one-world-government. And for reasons most of us will never know (but rest assured, have nothing to do with "peace"), billions and billions of dollars is taken from American taxpayers by their own government and given to this organization and its agencies. 

I do realize that corruption has always been big part of what America is. Like the time when the Congo's first democratic leader was assassinated 3 days after being elected.. The US and UN were both on the same team to make that happen. So the chance of us cutting ties with the UN is unlikely.

I don't we'll leave the UN, but then again, The terms we deal with them will certainly change.

working