jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is gender equality a reality or is it still a wish for many?

1. jpcmc profile image91
    jpcmcposted 12 months ago

Is gender equality a reality or is it still a wish for many?

Although there are many supporters for gender equality, I still see people - leaders and groups exhibit deplorable acts against gender equality.

2. tamarawilhite profile image93
    tamarawilhiteposted 12 months ago

In the west, women have equal rights to men and actually many special privileges over men like preference in child custody and hiring for jobs.
    In the developing world, women are still discriminated against. You see this in higher rates of abortion of girls in India and China because of preferences for sons, force marriages, veiling and (in some) female genital mutilation in Islamic nations.

Why Don't Feminists Fight for Muslim Women?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkFQohIKNI

1. jpcmc profile image91
      jpcmcposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Hello Tamara, I just hope that we eventually find ourselves living in a world without prejudices.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 12 months ago

What are these deplorable acts and what is the definition of gender equality. You can delete this because I don't have enough information to answer this.

Vanna White has been doing a mindless job of turning letters for decades on Jeopardy. Where is the gender equality? What man has this type of job?

In the military, what is the % of officers for women, compared to the % of officers for men. Is there gender equality?

??

working