jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Dems think illegals are important to the US, so why didn't they change the laws

1. RJ Schwartz profile image95
    RJ Schwartzposted 12 months ago

Dems think illegals are important to the US, so why didn't they change the laws when Obama was in?

The debate about illegal aliens and their so-called contributions to the American economy has escalated significantly since President Trump has increased efforts to follow existing laws and treat them like criminals - under the law, this is a statement of fact, so let's not argue it.  Former President Obama and the Democrats had total control of the gov't for 2 years - so why didn't they change immigration laws?  Why didn't they make these so-called important contributors citizens when they had the power?  Perhaps their big business political backers don't want them legalized?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13417303_f260.jpg

2. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 12 months ago

President Obama was known by Homeland Security as "Deporter-In-Chief" because he deported more immigrants than any other U.S. President in the history of the US. (2.5 million----In fact, more than all the U.S. Presidents combined) However, in 2014, he decided not to deport gang members for some mysterious reason...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obamas-d … d=41715661

But because Hillary lost the election to Trump, the Democrats are angry. Consequently they are suddenly embracing open borders---though Obama never did. (He deported people quietly so as not to become unpopular. Few of his supporters know this about him.)

Anyway, the Democrats are up in arms because it's apparently fine (in their eyes) if they disallow criminals to stay in the United States, but it is (for some unaccountable reason) not okay for a Republican President to do the same thing. It's just politics as usual. Same old Leftist hypocrisy.

RJ Schwartzposted 12 months agoin reply to this

But, Obama also did the DREAM ACT and changed several regulations that allowed companies to hire foreigners easier,  so his policies seem more neutral overall to me.

2. savvydating profile image96
      savvydatingposted 12 months agoin reply to this

That is true. But with 2.5 million gone, one has to wonder sometimes...

3. RJ Schwartz profile image95

How many were repeat offenders?  How many are really here?  It's scary to even think about how bad it could be

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 12 months ago

That is a very good question. They wasted their 2 years of ultimate power on the ACA, when they should have focused their control on the economy and saving the victims of the companies that they bailed out.

They not only didn't change the immigration laws, but they refused the enforce them.

The sad thing is that no one cared, and unlike today with all the protests, the acts by president Obama and congress were completed. The Trump protesters are protesting not on what happens but what they think will happen.

So, del my comment, because I don't have a clue.

I think immigration is just a handy topic for Dems to fight the President on.  It's been done before.  President Trump easily takes the high road on this one and enforces the law - no new legislation is necessary.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
      bradmasterOCcalposted 12 months agoin reply to this

I agree, and we have seen the liberals try every dirty little trick. The Russians are more friendly to the US than are the democrats. They look and sound like the Civil War Dems.

3. RJ Schwartz profile image95

His EOs on Monday authorizing 10k ICE agents is a good start in upholding the laws

4. shanmarie profile image79
    shanmarieposted 12 months ago

I've no direct answer to your question because I don't enjoy the division of politics. Never have. However, why would anyone embrace illegal immigrants, especially on such a wide scale? That is my question, and maybe I am pessimistic, but anyone who has had their information or a direct family member's information stolen and used by someone else to file an income tax return. . .If you have ever had to deal with getting that fixed so that you can rightfully file your taxes, you would know just one very good reason why illegal immigrants are not good for the country. So I feel that it should have been addressed long before Trump.

1. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Besides the ones who have had someone killed by an illegal immigrant.. This is the best thing that has happened to America in many years!

Closed to reply

working