jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How many will truthfully say they voted AGAINST Hillary by voting FOR Trump? Not

1. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 8 months ago

How many will truthfully say they voted AGAINST Hillary by voting FOR Trump? Not because 45 is good.

How many of you voted against Hillary because of the lies and rumors about her? How many of you actually believe Trump is competent and intelligent enough to be the leader of our country? Name some reasons that caused you to vote for or against Trump?

2. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 8 months ago

Americans who vote (lots do not), vote for their preferences, often divided by where they place their priorities.  For many, myself included, "Real Change" and "government closer to the people" were primary motivations.
    As this continues to play out, I don't mind advisors who are successful in their own fields, rather than the "simply party loyalists" Hillary would have chosen to reward for their contributions to her success.
    Americans, taken as a whole, had found Congress impotent and failing the key interests of the people, to wit the low, low approval ratings.  When Trump famously promised to "drain the Swamp," many who supported him thought "Finally!"
    Hillary's careless handling of classified materials she failed to properly store and protect, her shredding of emails, and her seeming contempt for "due diligence," added to the perception that she felt herself somehow "above the law."  And the idea of "a political dynasty" was abhorrent to many Americans.
    Certainly a vote "For" a presidential candidate is also a vote "Against" that candidate's opponents.
    That the 2016 vote was "Final" under the terms of our Constitution, does not seem to deter those who voted for Hillary from acting against President Trump's keeping of the promises he made during the campaign.
    Is President Trump the only politician who didn't keep a promise?  Far from it.  Had Hillary won, shewould have faced great difficulties in trying to keep some of her overly generous promises.  Now we will never know what those might have been, but to presume she would have kept them all is not supported by historical precedents.
    At times, President Obama complained that Congress was not cooperating,even though his first administration had the same control of power that President Trump has now.
    Democrats at that time blamed Republicans for being "obstructionist."
    If they were justified then, Republicans can blame Democrats now, and the changes many still hope for will once again be as hampered as in the recent past.

Austinstarposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Why can't we all act like Americans first and "political parties" last? I tend to look at the candidate and not the party. All the mud slinging is really getting me down.

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image79
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 8 months ago

I am glad you asked the question in this way "How many of you voted against Hillary because of the lies and rumors about her?" 
    I began following Hillary before she married Bill, because of those lies.
    Then when Susan McDougal was jailed because she would not fuel the lies about Bill and Hillary, that is when I knew that everything was made up about her by men who were scared of her intelligence and women who were paid in some way (i.e. a nose job) to lie about her.
    I voted for Hillary and my vote had nothing to do with trump what so ever.  I did not hate trump then, but knowing that he is selling America to our enemies is generating a lot of hate.

I too am baffled by the Trump supporters and how he fooled them all and lied to them so much, yet people still fell for his hateful rhetoric, especially about Hillary. He is destroying our country bit by bit.

2. Perspycacious profile image81
      Perspycaciousposted 8 months agoin reply to this

The destroying happened some years back with the return of the "us versus them" rhetoric.

3. Austinstar profile image88

True. We are ALL Americans and we should put our country's welfare and people before politics.

4. melissae1963 profile image81
    melissae1963posted 8 months ago

I did not vote in this past election. I have always voted for a democrat.

I hope you learned a valuable lesson. Please vote in the future.

Closed to reply

working