jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Partisan mudslinging; are the 'fighting words' of political kabuki the worst it

1. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 8 months ago

Partisan mudslinging; are the 'fighting words' of political kabuki the worst it has ever been?

By 1800, Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

In return, Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13548154_f260.jpg

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 8 months ago

I would like to believe the hostility level in domestic political discourse stays relatively constant. Of course it had to have been worse in the time leading up to the American civil war. Right now what I think we are witnessing is the democratic party eating itself, lashing out in hatred at conservitism, for the inner contradictions found within 2017s liberal progressivism.

Persons who insist a man with (this is redundant, I know) male sex organs - is literally a woman, such persons who live in such a make believe world are surely angered by reality. Reality dictates that a man is a man and a woman is a woman. Someone who doesn't have female sex organs can't be a man.

My opinion is the democratic party has gone so far leftward the leftists have minds so divorced from the reality even they experience, that they are lashing out in hatred at the reality embodied in and humanized by the conservative.

I should maybe have some coffee. Good day to you

1. Ericdierker profile image56
      Ericdierkerposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Most liberal loudmouths are suffering PTSD. But most Democrats are getting down to business although the press would have us think otherwise. When the is a Manchester horror and CNN leads with Kardashian comment. Ouch. such is life.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 8 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12929193_f260.jpg

Of course none of this applies to the left. You are funny. smile

4. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 8 months ago

Wesman   Oops! Hello my love. Maybe you should have had the coffee first.  Check out your sentence that begins with: "Someone who doesn't have  female........." Don't think that's what you meant. 
    Other than that, Wes, you're spot-on. The deepest parts of me to my core, tell me so. Yet I work to be tolerant.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 8 months agoin reply to this

The story of my life is one about a boy who has trouble getting enough sleep. But I'm pretty sure you can read my mind. Too late for edits!

2. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 8 months agoin reply to this

What have you tried besides melatonin (which does work) for your sleep issue? I have a long list of helpful tips if you're interested, my friend. You sound desperate & honestly, anxiety about sleep is part of the problem, U know.

3. Ericdierker profile image56
      Ericdierkerposted 8 months agoin reply to this

You are so nice. We need some sun and exercise. Just a little something something to heat it up
      before cooling it down.Love you guys even though you are morons ;-0 Happy memorial day.

working