jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What is the definition of terrorism? Me defending my home makes me a terrorist?

1. Wajahat Rana profile image61
    Wajahat Ranaposted 8 months ago

What is the definition of terrorism? Me defending my home makes me a terrorist?

We attack your country and if you will defend in return we will call you a terrorist.And if you will treat us the same way we do (by attacking our country) again we will call you a terrorist.Itdoes not make an sense.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13566847_f260.jpg

2. Aime F profile image86
    Aime Fposted 8 months ago

I actually thought that the show Homeland covered this topic in a very interesting way over the first couple of seasons. Definitely makes you think about where everyone is coming from and challenges you to look at the other perspective even if it's uncomfortable, but in a way that's not forgiving of terrorism either.

I think that often people in the west are oblivious to the role we've played in spurring, encouraging, or ignoring terrorism when it's not happening directly to us.

Wajahat Ranaposted 8 months agoin reply to this

In the very first episode of homeland you see an american soldier being rescued by the american army and ofcourse on foreign territory .To understand someones point of view you have to see it from their prespective.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 8 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12738552_f260.jpg

"We attack your country and if you will defend in return we will call you a terrorist" This is an inaccurate statement. The people that are making terrorist attacks on us don't have a country, they don't represent a country.

The question doesn't make any sense.
    The US shouldn't be in any country, except if terrorists attack the US or its interests.

What did countries like the UK, France, and Spain do to get the terrorist attacks? imo, it was because they took in Middle East immigrants without vetting them properly. And it doesn't appear these immigrants assimilate into a country. They appear to want the country to be a surrogate of their native country.

The Muslim factions have been fighting each other since Mohammad died without leaving a successor. And that is long before the US existed.

??

Wajahat Ranaposted 8 months agoin reply to this

you referring terrorism to certain region(middle east) contradicts your own statement.AS you have mentioned some countries other than AMERICA. DO u think America deserves bombing? No althou America  is the biggest arm delaer and supplier of weapons.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
      bradmasterOCcalposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Sorry but I can't properly parse your words to understand them?

working