jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why THE RESISTANCE against Trumpcare? How is Trumpcare a FAR BETTER alternative

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 8 months ago

Why THE RESISTANCE against Trumpcare? How is Trumpcare a FAR BETTER alternative to Obama"care"?

American health care was fine as it is before the Obummler took charge & mandated that America should have institutionalized health care.   I say take the government out of health care, health care should be a PRIVATE matter as it was in the past.  Obama"care" is a .....DISASTER!

2. GlendaGoodWitch profile image90
    GlendaGoodWitchposted 8 months ago

All the liberal owned news is going crazy because they don't have a hand in it.
    Obamacare was a nightmare

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 8 months agoin reply to this

It certainly was.  According to the latest news, McConnell concedes defeat in replacing Obama"care".  Now, isn't that a............

2. lisavollrath profile image97
      lisavollrathposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Before ACA, I went through cancer surgery with no insurance, because the cost was so high. It wiped out all my retirement savings.

After ACA, I now have insurance I can afford, see a doctor regularly, and am healthy.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 months ago

At this point, there IS no Trumpcare.  This is because it is a bad plan that throws millions of people off of insurance while at the same time giving huge tax breaks to the wealthiest among us.  Replacing health care programs is not easy.  What Obama tried to do was make care available to the sickest and poorest among us and get rid of the existing conditions clause, which was a really big deal for many people.  The problem was that in order to fund it, everybody had to buy in, and that just did not work out financially, so now we have a serious problem.

Obamacare is not sustainable as it is, and Trumpcare simply will not be voted in as it is.  If we return to the old type of insurance, people with pre existing conditions will not get the care they need, the poor will return to the old ways of using emergency rooms for care (the most expensive form of care) and the cost of insurance will go through the roof.

There is no easy answer, but one thing I know for sure is that be denigrating our leaders we undermine the possibility of coming up with a workable plan, which will hurt all of us.

If you don't like Obama...fine.  But please show some respect.  Same for Trump.  These men were and are the Presidents of this country, and if you can't even show the most basic form of respect for them, then we are in bigger trouble than healthcare.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image26
      bradmasterOCcalposted 8 months agoin reply to this

The wealthiest don't need any more tax help, just look at the billionaires doubling their wealth since 2008 during the Obama years. Who are these millions that would be losing healthcare, maybe it would be the millions that were mandated to have insu